Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Nice! Is that a 2008?

Yes, 1 year to early for surf gate
    www.cowlgaugeconcepts.com and on Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by 93coupett View Post
      Yes, 1 year to early for surf gate
      What is surfgate? I have a buddy with a Malibu Wakesetter, he loves it but it's an 06 or older.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
        What is surfgate? I have a buddy with a Malibu Wakesetter, he loves it but it's an 06 or older.
        Rather than explaining it here is a video. Huge difference in surf wake performance and flexibility with being able to adjust on the fly. If you want to surf consider an 09+ Wakesetter LSV with surf gate.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Rather than explaining it here is a video. Huge difference in surf wake performance and flexibility with being able to adjust on the fly. If you want to surf consider an 09+ with surf gate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xRcWWiI13c
          You can still do plenty of surfing behind our boats with the ballast evenly loaded if you have a shaper.

Comment

You can still do plenty of surfing behind our boats with the ballast evenly loaded if you have a shaper.
            Not saying you can't but it is more of a hassle. If you have the ability a boat with surf gate is a huge plus for IMO. I've got a shaper for mine too, but hate dealing with it. Back in 08 all we'd do is load the hell out of one side. I wish mine had surf gate so bad because I'd be done buying boats. Will probably upgrade to a new MXZ next year.

Comment

I don't have a shaper, and up until a month or two ago had no idea they existed. My Supra throws a great wake, but I'm sure a newer boat with the shaper (or gate) would do much better for surfing. It's still plenty to entertain me and my family/friends though and I can't see spending that much on a shaper when everyone just surfs port side anyways.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                I don't have a shaper, and up until a month or two ago had no idea they existed. My Supra throws a great wake, but I'm sure a newer boat with the shaper (or gate) would do much better for surfing. It's still plenty to entertain me and my family/friends though and I can't see spending that much on a shaper when everyone just surfs port side anyways.
                Mine is a Ronix knockoff that I bought off Ebay for like $199. I wouldn't spend $600 for something you stick to the side of your boat with velcro. I use it on the port side in conjunction with stock ballast plus 1600# in the rear.

On a side note I think you use to post of dallaswakeboarding. I've been on that site since Reid swapped it over from N2 in the early 2000s. Haven't posted on the new site yet though. Looks dead.

Comment

• There are so many knockoffs now it's ridiculous. I'm going to grab one with suction cups and call it good. I agree a newer boat with surf gate would solve all of the problems, but I'll work with what I have for now, lol.

Comment

• Here is the suck gate I made, works pretty good. 30 dollars if I remeber.

Comment

Mine is a Ronix knockoff that I bought off Ebay for like $199. I wouldn't spend $600 for something you stick to the side of your boat with velcro. I use it on the port side in conjunction with stock ballast plus 1600# in the rear.

On a side note I think you use to post of dallaswakeboarding. I've been on that site since Reid swapped it over from N2 in the early 2000s. Haven't posted on the new site yet though. Looks dead.
                      Yeah, that's me... Haven't been on there in a long time.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      There are so many knockoffs now it's ridiculous. I'm going to grab one with suction cups and call it good. I agree a newer boat with surf gate would solve all of the problems, but I'll work with what I have for now, lol.
                      I might build one to try it on the cheap.

Originally posted by Crownline79 View Post
                      Here is the suck gate I made, works pretty good. 30 dollars if I remeber.

Bad ass, got details on the $30 build? Sweet boat too.
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• I think a number of us used to post on Dallaswakeboarding

Comment

• The aluminum suction cup is from amazon for 15.00.... two shelf brackets from home Depot... and a cutting board from the kitchen... you need a stepped drill bit for making the holes in the aluminum without hitting the rubber...

It's worth giving it a shot for surfing, works well and you can evenly weight the boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                            Yeah, that's me... Haven't been on there in a long time.

I might build one to try it on the cheap.

Bad ass, got details on the $30 build? Sweet boat too.
                            Google "homemade surf gate" and there are several topics covering how to build one.

I'll probably end up picking up this one for $200. I don't have the patience to make something that doesn't look like hammered shit, so I'll pay a premium for someone else to do it, lol.

Comment

• Mike is super gay. Fair warning

Comment

Google "homemade surf gate" and there are several topics covering how to build one.

I'll probably end up picking up this one for $200. I don't have the patience to make something that doesn't look like hammered shit, so I'll pay a premium for someone else to do it, lol.

The reason I bought the Ronix knockoff is because I want to knock it off since I am already in the plastics manufacturing biz. Bascially make the same plastic wedge, but with suction cups for easy installation and removal instead of the cheap velcro. My target retail price would be about $179. Need to meet with my manufacturer next week to discuss.

Comment

Working...
                                X