No announcement yet.

How does an old Bug do in snow and ice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you from experience that those old V-Dubs do GREAT in ice, snow, and rain !!!
    Guy before was right. Light car, with all the weight over the drive wheels works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by bpawl View Post
      id roll the van.
      dont think its supos to be bad till after 5 or so though anyway
      Might want to take a peek at the weather. Sleet is starting at about 4am, and turning to snow about 10-11am. Not going to be above freezing until Friday afternoon, and then it's only gonna be 34*. Wind chills tomorrow evening will be in the single digits and below zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
        Might want to take a peek at the weather. Sleet is starting at about 4am, and turning to snow about 10-11am. Not going to be above freezing until Friday afternoon, and then it's only gonna be 34*. Wind chills tomorrow evening will be in the single digits and below zero.
        and i am moving tomorrow
        QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by DTM_Motorsports View Post
          I can tell you from experience that those old V-Dubs do GREAT in ice, snow, and rain !!!
          Guy before was right. Light car, with all the weight over the drive wheels works wonders.
          Not to mention they dont make alot of power so wheel spin is at a minimum. Id roll the bug too Nick. Only thing that sucks is the heater in those things.

Comment

In situations like that I always take the car that would be the easiest to replace. Take the van. Like you said, the only downside is if something happens, your business may suffer.

If something happens to the bug, is your insurance company going to give you 'replacement value'?

When there's bad weather, I leave the Fox bodies, truck and Ranchero at home. I drive the BMW. I can buy another 5 series any day of the week.
            Last edited by homealone; 01-31-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I just stay my white ass home

Comment

thought u where talking about driving today, didnt read time u posted. id still drive the van lol
                -Blaine

Comment

I always thought manual transmission cars where harder to drive on ice. I say take the van.
                  See you later...

Comment

All I know is the vw has the worst heater.
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by ImayBblack View Post
                      I always thought manual transmission cars where harder to drive on ice. I say take the van.
                      The van can handle fine on the ice, it's just hard to stop that much weight. Plus, I'd worry more about the other people out there who can't drive than myself.

Comment

if you feel comfortable as the driver in the van then take it. IMHO it also offers more protection if some retard does hit you.
                        Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
                        -Fred Sanford

Comment

But if someone does hit me, that mean the business is out of commission until it gets repaired.

Comment

If the bug wasn't slammed, I'd take it.

Throw some sand bags in the back of the Colorado and take it.

Comment

Maybe in your eyes
                              Would you rather get hit in the van and be out of work, or the Colorado, and be out a nice vehicle? Out of the 3, is the VW NOT the most expendable? It may appear stupid, but there's a method to my madness...

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                                The van can handle fine on the ice, it's just hard to stop that much weight. Plus, I'd worry more about the other people out there who can't drive than myself.
                                True! I still think the van though. i think it would be easier to fix than the bug.
                                See you later...

Comment

Working...
                                X