Anybody an artist (for real)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody an artist (for real)

So as some of you know, I wrote a book called The Viralution a couple of months ago, and while it's actually been selling quite a bit better then I thought it would, I still every time I look at my hokey ass homemade book cover. Part of my problem is that I just can't make up my mind on what would best describe my book while not being some overbearing, busy cover like alot of people use on Amazon. I will be providing compensation. I would prefer that the artist have some experience with war/zombies/apocalyptic/etc type of stuff, since thats the type of genre that the book falls into. If you or someone you know could be of service, email me at tribaltalon@gmail.com. TIA!
    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Touko Laaksonen could probably help you out! Google him and shoot him an email.
    Ded

Comment

I will see if my brother may be interested
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
        Touko Laaksonen could probably help you out! Google him and shoot him an email.
        lol you fucking dick.

Comment

Maybe try

Fiverr's mission is to change how the world works together. Fiverr connects businesses with freelancers offering digital services in 500+ categories.
          WRX

Comment

If it was sculpting, I could help! Good luck man.

Comment

Blake runs a graphic design firm. PM him.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

PM me your thoughts. I'll let you know if it's a project I have time for.

Comment

Did not know we had any authors here much less authors of my favorite genera. I will be picking the book up.

Comment

I don't think the cover is bad at all, but those fonts conflict really bad.

Comment

PM me what you're looking for. I haven't picked up my art stuff in the past couple years but this sounds interesting.
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

PM or just post what exactly you want. My mother is has a ton of books and is a senior editor for a big publishing company.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                          I don't think the cover is bad at all, but those fonts conflict really bad.
                          Thanks, I actually made that from scratch on Photoshop after watching about a billion tutorials. I know the font sucks, but meh. I'm oil field trash, not a graphic designer. LOL.

Let me know what you think Inline 6. If you do pick it up, please leave a review on Amazon after you read it.

Instead of PM'ing a bunch of random people, here are some of my thoughts as far as the cover.

1. A distant Austin cityline with smoke, devastation, all that good stuff and a soldier (Logan) on a hill with his back to the viewer looking at the scene. It can't be anything incredibly busy because keep in mind this image is going to appear as a 2x2.5" image on Amazon unless the potential buyer actually clicks on the book image to enlarge it.

2. Uncle Sam as a zombie/infected dude close up on his face and hat looking away from the "camera". almost like a photoshoot or painting or whatever. kind of like this but not a nun.

I really don't know what I want, or what would help me sell the most books. That's the whole reason why I want to enlist an artist/graphic designer.
                          Last edited by tribaltalon; 05-22-2014, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Sorry if Tom isn't your style, he's an amazing artist!
                            Ded

Comment

Working...
                            X