Washer & Dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer & Dryer

I'm in the market for a new washer & dryer set. Must be a top loader & big enough to wash a comforter. I'd like to stay under $1500 for the set if possible. Do you guys recommend anything or is there something I should stay away from?

Thanks!

I have this LG washer and dryer, my wife doesn't have any complaints.
    http://m.lg.com/us/dryers/lg-DLEY1201V-electric-dryer

They have another model without the steam options for around $600 each.

Comment

I have this and the matching dryer. I love the washing machine, does a better job of cleaning than any washer we have ever owned.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/whirlpool-cabrio-platinum-4-5-cu-ft-11-cycle-high-efficiency-top-loading-washer-white/1536113.p?id=1219054922823&skuId=1536113&st=catego ryid$abcat0910001&cp=1&lp=6

Comment

The high end stuff is not as reliable as the run of the mill stuff. I buy the base models and make sure that they have mechanical timers and switches. Currently have about 8 sets going strong while the good stuff at home has been repaired under warranty several times.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Buy used. New ones suck balls.

CN

Comment

Take your comforter to the dry cleaners. I have Whirlpools which seem to last about 7 years these days. I will probably go LG on the next set.

Comment

I don't have experience with their top loaders, but we have the LG Tromm front loaders, and I wouldn't buy them again. Other than a leak I had to chase down, the washer hasn't been too bad, but the dryer is a POS. Have had several problems with it, the worst being a broken drum (a common/known issue that LG refuses to acknowledge), the drum is paper thin and will split where it is welded together from the factory.

We always had Maytag before and they never let us down.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Mechanical controls and switches. Stainless tub and drum.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                  O'rly

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

F all of that.

Comment

The more I think about it the more this makes sense to me. I really only need a washer since mine went out. There a old set but my dryer still works. Might look for a scratch and dent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                          The more I think about it the more this makes sense to me. I really only need a washer since mine went out. There a old set but my dryer still works. Might look for a scratch and dent.
                          I've never found good deals on scratch and dent stuff.

Comment

FWIW - The drum that broke in my LG is stainless. So is the tub in the washer, but we've had no issues from it.

....and agree on the less-is-more where all the electronics are concerned. These LG's have way too much crap on them, which indeed means more to break.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I just meant stainless instead of plastic or porcelain coated tub or drum. What broke on your stainless drum? Welds? Some plastic part attached to it? F an electronic touchpad on appliances.

Comment

Working...
                              X