Pirelli P Zero Nero tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirelli P Zero Nero tires

The OE tires on my 2012 Mustang- Pirelli P Zero Nero 235/50/18- are totally worn out at 23,000 miles. Haven't been overly impressed with them.

Anyone else discover these are short lived, yet mediocre tires? Think I'll get the $118 Kumho tires

My 09 GT had Pirelli's. Bought it new and traded it in a couple of months ago with 49k miles and the factory tires were still in good shape. But I do drive like an old man.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
      My 09 GT had Pirelli's. Bought it new and traded it in a couple of months ago with 49k miles and the factory tires were still in good shape. But I do drive like an old man.
      I am an old man! I just drive to work & back - only a single burnout, ever !

Comment

Maybe the 18's were a softer compound? The tires on my car still had most of the tabs (nipples) on the edge of the tread and sidewall.

Comment

The first set lasted me 17k miles and the second set went to 18.5 before I sold them and bought some Michellins. They are noisy and don't last.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            The first set lasted me 17k miles and the second set went to 18.5 before I sold them and bought some Michellins. They are noisy and don't last.
            That's the main reason I wasn't impressed with the Pirelli's- noisy and short lived.

Comment

Pirelli's didn't last for shit on my last 2 Stang's. Replaced both with Michelin's and had much better results. Driving on wet roads is much better too now. You do get what ya pay for with tires.

Comment

I'm at 19k on my '13, and they're meh. The rear has a slow leaking flat I need to get checked out. One of the fronts is almost at the wear bar, but the rest are fine? I had them rotated at about 14k. Most of the miles on the car are driving across country. They are kind of squishy and don't provide confident handling in the curves, but then again I need a softer ride these days. Hopefully I can pull another 10k out of them.

Comment

I've had a couple sets of Pirelli tires (original and take-offs). Not impressed with them at all. Just got a set of Cooper Zeon RS3-As a few weeks ago. So far so good.

Comment

i really like my nitto tires

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      I'm at 19k on my '13, and they're meh. The rear has a slow leaking flat I need to get checked out. One of the fronts is almost at the wear bar, but the rest are fine? I had them rotated at about 14k. Most of the miles on the car are driving across country. They are kind of squishy and don't provide confident handling in the curves, but then again I need a softer ride these days. Hopefully I can pull another 10k out of them.
                      I babied my tires trying to get good life out of them. I rotated them every 5K, checked the air pressure at least every 2 weeks - and my drive to work is 75MPH going 16 miles each way on G Bush. Last night I did the penny test on the tread, and it's right on edge of failing.

Comment

These stock tires are junk. Over priced and under preforming junk.

Comment

I like em, but I think I'll be going with the PS2's when the time comes,
                          So far I have 13.5k on my 13, and my NERO's still have plenty of meat on em.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I only got 6900 miles on my rears....the fronts, however, tend to last forever.

Comment

I got 24,000 out of my Brembo Pirellis. Replaced those with Continental ExtremeContact DWs and haven't looked back. I love them. And being 285s all around it hooks up great!

Comment

Working...
                              X