Waitstaff rant - the tip thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    How does her changing the amount of her tip make him a cheapskate? Maybe it's time to put the tequila down.
    ]\\\\]]]

tips are whjere these people draw their primary income. they make like $2.15/hour.

the only time i don't tip is when the service is basically non-existent. tips are important to those who earn them.

Comment

LOL! You're definitely a fucking Jew.

That said, it doesn't mean taking a buck is ok. But, it very easily could have been a mistake. When I used to wait, it was a second job, and by the time I ran my close out, I already knew what I made, and had accepted it, no matter how good or bad it was. By then, it was late, I was dead fucking tired, and wanted to hit the sack or grab a drink with coworkers. I'm certain I made a few honest mistakes, just flying through and trying to GTFO.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

What would an appropriate tip be if the waitress had a successful capture of PSVT using Adenosine???

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
          ]\\\\]]]

tips are whjere these people draw their primary income. they make like $2.15/hour.

the only time i don't tip is when the service is basically non-existent. tips are important to those who earn them.

Okay. What does any of that have to do with what we're talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
            ]\\\\]]]

So, just because they make $2.13/hr means it's ok to skim? Bullshit. If they weren't such shit servers, they might actually earn that extra buck. And BWW is the WORST in the industry about shit service.

Comment

I'd be pretty ticked off about it too. I agree with you that it is the principal of the matter.

I took my wife's car in for service to James Wood Chevy in Denton. There was just a couple of bucks worth of quarters in the change tray but they were gone when I got the car back. My wife saw it and reported it to me and I called the service manager about the issue. They offered to give me some cash but of course that wasn't the point.

My wife is Japanese. Back in Japan if a customer left a single yen behind at a convenience store they would find themselves being chased down by the store clerk to return it. I have even seen notes left on a store window reporting that they had found money left behind and asking the owner to come claim their money. Something like flat out stealing really gets my wife even more ticked off than I do..

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                So, just because they make $2.13/hr means it's ok to skim? Bullshit. If they weren't such shit servers, they might actually earn that extra buck. And BWW is the WORST in the industry about shit service.

I don't think he means that. I think he has simply drank himself retarded and has no idea what we're actually talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I don't think he means that. I think he has simply drank himself retarded and has no idea what we're actually talking about.
                  You never know, but he is definitely lving up to his nomination. Lol.

I'm usually the first to take a server's side, in regards to cheap bitches, and while the OP is a cheap bitch, that's clearly not the topic at hand here.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                    Think like a thief for a second .
                    Well being an honest person that's hard for me to do.. I was merely trying to give you an insight into what happens after the transaction as far as reconciling and getting everything straight from a managers perspective..Obviously shit comes up from time to time. I go through probably 1500 slips a week overall and it's silly how carelessly some people fill them out. The adding mistakes as I already mentioned to numbers not written legibly. As far as to calls from people who simply don't remember making charges... In which case you have to scan a copy of the tab with the signature on it and send it to the credit card company to prove to both parties that they were there and did spend the money. It's a huge PITA especially when 9/10 times it's not your employee that did anything wrong. Standing up for them usually just pisses people off more since in their mind they are 100% convinced of foul play.

Comment

Walk in with the receipt and bank statement. Act a little off and start speaking with an elevated tone about your money. If they offer you a free meal, pull out a desert eagle and point the barrel to the receipt and say "Give me the fucking dollar, please"

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        You never know, but he is definitely lving up to his nomination. Lol.

I'm usually the first to take a server's side, in regards to cheap bitches, and while the OP is a cheap bitch, that's clearly not the topic at hand here.
                        You can suck my nuts. You know damn good and well that's not the point of this thread, as do most of people in here that agree with me.

Originally posted by Raskal View Post
                        Well being an honest person that's hard for me to do.. I was merely trying to give you an insight into what happens after the transaction as far as reconciling and getting everything straight from a managers perspective..Obviously shit comes up from time to time. I go through probably 1500 slips a week overall and it's silly how carelessly some people fill them out. The adding mistakes as I already mentioned to numbers not written legibly. As far as to calls from people who simply don't remember making charges... In which case you have to scan a copy of the tab with the signature on it and send it to the credit card company to prove to both parties that they were there and did spend the money. It's a huge PITA especially when 9/10 times it's not your employee that did anything wrong. Standing up for them usually just pisses people off more since in their mind they are 100% convinced of foul play.
                        Understood. Maybe this one case was a mistake, maybe it wasn't. The world will never know.

I'm damn good at math and, as an architect, write extremely legibly and clearly. The difference was either an honest mistake or a low-life skimming me for a dollar. It's obviously a bigger deal than just my one transaction, considering the amount of people that have experienced the same.
                        Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 01-30-2011, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                          Nothing pisses me off more than to balance my checkbook and find where a waiter or waitress added a little extra to their tip.

Today, I found that the chick at Buffalo Wild Wings added an extra dollar to the 20% tip I left her earlier this month. I've never taken action before, but I'm tired of being ripped off one or two dollars at a time.

I called BWW Mesquite and talked to Richard, the manager on duty. He was very courteous and apologetic and asked to call me back after he found the transaction in question. He called back maybe three minutes later. That part impressed me.

Then he pissed me off. He says "oh, I'm sure she just made a mistake when she entered it. She made another mistake that day and the numbers in that one were kinda similar to yours". Bullshit. She stole a dollar from me and stole from someone else that day as well.

He offered to refund my money and offered to give me a free meal - fuck that. I don't want food, I want this little bitch to lose her job and I want him to tell her she's being fired for stealing from his customer - the customer that helps keep them in business.

And for you bastards that'll make comments, I'm not worried about the loss of one dollar. I'm pissed off about the principle of the whole deal. This shit happens too often to be considered a mistake. And I always tip 20% or more.

/rant off.

how do you know it wasn't the manager that is adding tips .. and pocketing the money... you are calling for heads .. but i guarantee she wasn't the only one that had access to your card slip .. I'm just saying ..

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            are you black?
                            He be Canadian

Comment

Originally posted by Cheezebandit View Post
                              how do you know it wasn't the manager that is adding tips .. and pocketing the money... you are calling for heads .. but i guarantee she wasn't the only one that had access to your card slip .. I'm just saying ..
                              any store manager has many other ways to skim money and certainly does not need to steal from a server....Generally I thought that's what got them/us to the position having a brain and trustworthy....

Comment

hell sorry to go on a little rant but if I ever open a diner or a bar like I'm wanting to the people will pay up front at a cash register.. all the charge backs from either stupid people... or bad employees taking up half a day to figure out are annoying.. not to mention it comes straight out of the p&l which means less of a paycheck for most managers. Paying someone's drink tab cause they dont remember it or don't like it the day after is not my cup of tea.

I understand this has nothing to do with the thread....Servers who feel like they deserve more than they got are most often the worst servers...

Comment

Working...
                                X