Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
    I love when people type "YOUR an idiot" it makes me LOL

he was saying that they are paid shit BY THE RESTAURANT, and rely on their tips to make a living.
    Damnit lack of proof reading owned me on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      I'm not a food server, but a bartender. I work 2 nights a week at a local club/music venue I used to run. We make 2.13 an hour. Try standing there for 3 hours, busting your tail, serving 200+ patrons, and walk out with less than minimum wage.

What REALLY irks me, is when I serve fellow wait staff. There is a guy who comes in who works at one of the busiest mexican food restaurants in the area. He NEVER tips. EVER. Wait, he left 18 cents one time.

TIPS, To Insure Professional Service.
      hold on here hoss.

You work 2 nights a week, 3 hours a shift, and get 200+ patrons and you are complaining?

Say 40% dont tip. The rest tip a few bucks a pop, which again could be lowballing it.

So 40% of 200 is 80. 120 patrons tipping 3 bucks a pop. Thats 360 bucks, and even dividing it up between some of the busboys who helped , it sounds like pretty good money for 3 hours of work. Maybe im missing something.

A respectable amount of bartenders i know make really solid money, definately better than i am right now. Doesnt help a lot of it is under the table either....

Comment

What he said^^^

I was a server and bartender for 4 years. If you're walking out with that little of money you need to find somewhere else or you're doing something wrong.
        2014 GT
        2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
          I get your drift - but the only thing we split was the entree. We bought 2 sides and 2 drinks and split one order of 12 wings. The bill was still just over $20 for two people to eat lunch. I don't consider that cheap.

Should we have each ordered a big plate of wings and left half of it on the table, just so the waitress could make another $1 on her tip?
          Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            Damnit lack of proof reading owned me on that one.
            LOL!

Comment

Lots of valid points in here, but she was most likely skimming. The key to the whole story is that the manager said she made a mistake on another ticket. Unless her slips were audited randomly and the manager actually did the math on every slip, that only leaves 2 possible scenarios.

1.) She confused two like ticket amounts (ex. $20+4 and $20+5), which would mean that it was brought to his attention by the other patrons. "Hello, sir, I'd just like to inform you that your waitress didn't charge the full tip...I want to give her another dollar." LOL

or

2.) Bitch be skimmin'

Comment

Using the checksum method it easy to tell when you have been skimmed by waitstaff.

For Android users there is an app. http://samir.ca/calc.html

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                  I'm pissed off about the principle of the whole deal.

Comment

I had this happen to me at the movie tavern theater in arlington at the highlands. I screamed down the managers throat until he literally lock himself in his office.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                    X