Waitstaff rant - the tip thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitstaff rant - the tip thieves

Nothing pisses me off more than to balance my checkbook and find where a waiter or waitress added a little extra to their tip.

Today, I found that the chick at Buffalo Wild Wings added an extra dollar to the 20% tip I left her earlier this month. I've never taken action before, but I'm tired of being ripped off one or two dollars at a time.

I called BWW Mesquite and talked to Richard, the manager on duty. He was very courteous and apologetic and asked to call me back after he found the transaction in question. He called back maybe three minutes later. That part impressed me.

Then he pissed me off. He says "oh, I'm sure she just made a mistake when she entered it. She made another mistake that day and the numbers in that one were kinda similar to yours". Bullshit. She stole a dollar from me and stole from someone else that day as well.

He offered to refund my money and offered to give me a free meal - fuck that. I don't want food, I want this little bitch to lose her job and I want him to tell her she's being fired for stealing from his customer - the customer that helps keep them in business.

And for you bastards that'll make comments, I'm not worried about the loss of one dollar. I'm pissed off about the principle of the whole deal. This shit happens too often to be considered a mistake. And I always tip 20% or more.

/rant off.

Right on brotha

Comment

that's why I pay cash at restaurants
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

that sucks, hate thieves even this kind
        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Wild Wings
          Thank you for your feedback. Our guest relations team will review your comments and respond in a timely manner.

Buffalo Wild Wings
          Enjoy all Buffalo Wild Wings to you has to offer when you order delivery or pick it up yourself or stop by a location near you. Buffalo Wild Wings to you is the ultimate place to get together with your friends, watch sports, drink beer, and eat wings.
          We'll see what they have to say after they read my complaint. I was polite and stated facts. Also said I didn't want free food or a refund, that I wanted the manager to take accountability for his employees actions, not make excuses for them.

Comment

To be honest, I never double check after the fact... Wonder how many times I got hosed.

<-- would go back in and buss some caps!

Comment

Just go back up there and punch her, fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                that's why I pay cash at restaurants
                This

Mistakes do happen, but any server who has a "trend" of mistakingly giving themselves to much of a tip needs to be fired. Whether its 50 cents or 50 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                  To be honest, I never double check after the fact... Wonder how many times I got hosed.

<-- would go back in and buss some caps!
                  The only reason I notice them is because my old-school ass still balances my checkbook the old way. I record every debit card purchase in a register and check it against my statement once a month. That's when I see the differences, if there are any. It happens more often than you might think - this time I decided to take action.

I just want to see someone actually take accountability. She's a thief, no matter how small the amount. If she's willing to steal a dollar from me, she'll steal a dollar from a lot of people.

I'll either start paying with cash or making them enter the total amount in the computer and bring me the final receipt.

Comment

The same thing happened to us at Red Robbin and the server added $10 to our tip. When we noticed it on the bank statement the manager asked us to come in. He told us that employee was caught doing this, fired, and prosicuted for credit card fraud and theft. We got a refund and free dinner. Worked fine for me.

Comment

I will play devils advocate.

I don't think any good manager is going to take you up on your request, regardless of how upset you are. If they do, well then they aren't a good manager. UNLESS she has had past experiences in this same situation. If she has, then yeah, fire her ass.

No one knows at this point if it was intentional or mistake except the waitress. If anything, she needs a stern talking to and to be monitored. If it happens again, then terminate her on the spot. Mistakes do happen and quite frankly jumping the gun on conclusions just because you have been taken advantage of in the past isn't the right way of going about this.

Just my opinion.
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

A thief is a thief. Same mistake twice?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pattymelt3605 View Post
                          The same thing happened to us at Red Robbin and the server added $10 to our tip. When we noticed it on the bank statement the manager asked us to come in. He told us that employee was caught doing this, fired, and prosicuted for credit card fraud and theft. We got a refund and free dinner. Worked fine for me.

Probably saw your car and thought you could afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy View Post
                            A thief is a thief. Same mistake twice?
                            How do you know it was intentional? I am by no means defending a thief, but to automatically assume it was intentional is pretty fucking ignorant. I would ask, "don't you think?" but you already seem pretty hard headed.
                            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                              How do you know it was intentional? I am by no means defending a thief, but to automatically assume it was intentional is pretty fucking ignorant. I would ask, "don't you think?" but you already seem pretty hard headed.
                              because it's not like it's the first time a waiter/waitress has ever pulled that BS
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X