Man in bulletproof vest says 'shoot me,' is killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man in bulletproof vest says 'shoot me,' is killed

Deputies have charged an 18-year-old South Carolina woman with the fatal shooting of a male friend who had donned a bulletproof vest and allegedly asked her to "shoot me," according to local media.

The killing occurred Wednesday in Honea Path, S.C., after 25-year-old Blake Randall Wardell discovered the old vest in a garage where he had been hanging out with friends, WYFF-TV reports.

Anderson County deputy coroner Don McCown said Wardell asked Taylor Ann Kelly to "shoot me," the TV station reports.

Kelly allegedly fired a small caliber weapon at Wardell, but the bullet went through the edge of the vest and into his heart, McCown said.

McCown said there were as many as 10 other people at the home at the time. He said no evidence at the scene of a fight or struggle, The State newspaper reports.

"It wasn't a fight. They were actually going to take a shot at the vest," McCown said, according to the newspaper. "They were going to shoot the victim with the vest on. And he was shot in the chest, just above the vest."

He said the vest appeared to be 10 or 15 years old.

Wardell died at the scene despite attempts to apply CPR, WYFF reports.

Kelly was charged with involuntary manslaughter, which carries a five-year prison term upon conviction.

Darwinism at work, bravo young lady...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

That's a serious contender for Darwin Award of the Year. Am I the only one that thinks she shouldn't be charged at all?

Comment

She should be set free, not her fault she limp wristed the shot. She was only following instructions...
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          She should be set free, not her fault she limp wristed the shot. She was only following instructions...
          limp wristed it? Sounds like her aim was dead on.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            limp wristed it? Sounds like her aim was dead on.
            Uhhhh, he told her to shoot him in the vest. Which she totally missed and I'm assuming because she limp wristed the shot, hometown...

Comment

Uhhhh, he told her to shoot him in the vest. Which she totally missed and I'm assuming because she limp wristed the shot, hometown...
              Kelly allegedly fired a small caliber weapon at Wardell, but the bullet went through the edge of the vest and into his heart, McCown said.
              sounds like it missed a plate, but went right through the vest. INTO HIS HEART
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

not her fault she limp wristed the shot.
                If it wasn't her fault, whose fault would it be? Limp wristing wouldn't affect the first shot, anyways.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  sounds like it missed a plate, but went right through the vest. INTO HIS HEART
                  I'm no BPV expert, but the older ones had sewn in edges that offer no protection, she should have aimed for the center, but she may have closed her eyes or limp wristed the shot for it to hit towards the edge of the BPV where there is no protection.

Do you just look for threads to argue with me, BITCH!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    If it wasn't her fault, whose fault would it be? Limp wristing wouldn't affect the first shot, anyways.
                    See above...

Comment

I'm no BPV expert, but the older ones had sewn in edges that offer no protection, she should have aimed for the center, but she may have closed her eyes or limp wristed the shot for it to hit towards the edge of the BPV where there is no protection.

Do you just look for threads to argue with me, BITCH!
                      Hey, she hit the heart in the first shot, that's pretty goddamn good shootin in my book.

Shitty vest, though.

Comment

Is she an idiot for listening to the guy? Yes.

Should she be charged for killing him? No.

It sounds like they were all friends, and she assumed the guy wasn't a total idiot and decided to listen to him. She will have to carry around the guilt of this accident for the rest of her life. To me, that is an acceptable punishment. It was unintentional, and this will forever alter her thoughts and actions. If they want to charge her with something, then hit her with unlawful discharge or some shit. Give her probation and let her try to start dealing with what happened.

Comment

See above...
                          Which part?
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post

I agree, sounds like a bunch of moron's out playing with guns.

I knew a couple of guys that were best friends. They lived in Irving where they shared an apartment, the gun owner roomie would always open the door pointing a high caliber revolver anytime he would open the door at someone's face. One day his roomie forgot his key and knocked on the door, his friend opens the door and shoots him in the face by accident. killing him.
                            I later heard he killed himself, I guess he couldn't live with it...

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post

It sounds like they were all friends, and she assumed the guy wasn't a total idiot and decided to listen to him. She will have to carry around the guilt of this accident for the rest of her life. To me, that is an acceptable punishment. It was unintentional, and this will forever alter her thoughts and actions. If they want to charge her with something, then hit her with unlawful discharge or some shit. Give her probation and let her try to start dealing with what happened.

Exactly how I see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X