need some new threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    I can't stand wearing slacks without pleats. They remind me of something the kids would wear, like skinny jeans.
    If Im in a suit or dressed "up" I wear pleated suit pants. When I was in construction, It was non-pleated, and generally more rugged slacks. I think the type of shoe more or less dictates that, to me.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I can't help with your situation but in a business env, white shirt, black slacks and a tie that pops is the best of the best imo.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Don't know what your budget is, but if you can afford it, you will be the sharpest-dressed man anywhere you go.

Ken's Mans Shop
        Ken’s is a classic contemporary haberdashery in Dallas, Texas, focusing on understated elegance and unique details. Visit Our Shop Today!

6025 Royal Ln. Suite 309
        Dallas, Texas 75230
        (214) 369 5367

If you go, tell Kory I sent you. Ken's is generally out of my price range, but even if you go get one outfit, it can serve as the baseline for the rest of what you get somewhere else. This guy has a super power: he can glance at you and then put you in the best-fitting clothes you've ever owned.

They're having a trade-in event May 15-24 where you can trade in old suits and get 10=20% off of a new suit or sport coat/slack combo.

Comment

I can't stand wearing slacks without pleats. They remind me of something the kids would wear, like skinny jeans.
          I'm just the opposite, i can't stand pleated slacks. but i also wear skinny jeans, black rimmed glasses, and a fedora.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            I'm just the opposite, i can't stand pleated slacks.
            I know for me, when you carry a few extra pounds, pleated fronts tend to look a little better on that the flat fronts.

Plus they give you a little more room to move.

Comment

Plain front for bussiness casual, pleats for dress up.

Not sure what kind of work you do, but anything that requires steel toe I would think some Polo chinos and a laundered button down Polo with some Red Wing 875s would be more than fine. Like someone said above, if you are producing in that enviroment clothes will have little to do with promotoion.

If I was in a position that required more than bus cas I would go for some nice tailored slacks, made to fit french cuff shirts and start an insane cuff link tie collection, nice pair of wing tips, and nice belt maybe thrown on the occasional leather braces.

As long as they fit right you can skimp a little on pants and shirts, but quality shoes, belt and tie are a must!

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                Not sure what kind of work you do
                See thread in job postings.http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55253

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll be sure to take plenty of selfies in the dressing room and post results for judging.
                The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Really? I refuse to buy pants with pleats. Just not a fan of the look.
                  Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  I know for me, when you carry a few extra pounds, pleated fronts tend to look a little better on that the flat fronts.

Plus they give you a little more room to move.
                  I'll buy a size larger, can't stand pleats.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Really? I refuse to buy pants with pleats. Just not a fan of the look.

I'll buy a size larger, can't stand pleats.

Step off my Z Cavaricci's, bitch.

Comment

go to Jos. A Bank, and tell them to set you up a bunch of different looks. Men's Wearhouse can do it too, but they seem to be catering a little more towards the douchey Modern/Hip styles on their casual clothes.

Comment

larger framed men, such as you and me, should never wear flat front pants with a jacket. Maybe casual, but only if the pants don't have a cuff at the bottom.

First rule, it's better to be over dressed than underdressed.

Pleats on the pant, cuff the pant legs
                        Flat front, no cuffs

Solid color shirts, maybe light patterns, with buttonless collars and collar stays for business dress.
                        Pattern shirts, or solids, with buttoned or buttonless collars for business casual button downs.

Never wear in public for any kind of work related event (except for gym, fishing, etc appropriate activity) - T shirt/sweat pants/basketball shorts, old sneakers

Casual - Jeans/shorts and a collared shirt (untucked is fine)
                        Business Casual - if can you wear it on the golf course, tucked in shirts, no sneakers, no shorts
                        Business Dress - slacks and dress button down minimum, always have a coat and tie at the ready. Never wear square toed shoes with business or formal wear. Brown shoes and belt go with just about everything. (always match them)
                        Formal - Black suit, black tie, black shoes

Always keep your shoes shined and looking new

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^

Nailed it. This is pretty much my style. Can't go wrong with the classics.

Comment

Hit up Fashionable Male and ask for Shannon Hamilton. Tell him Brodie sent you.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Step off my Z Cavaricci's, bitch.
                              Xtreme pleats!

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              go to Jos. A Bank, and tell them to set you up a bunch of different looks. Men's Wearhouse can do it too, but they seem to be catering a little more towards the douchey Modern/Hip styles on their casual clothes.
                              Suits with skinny pants?

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                              Hit up Fashionable Male and ask for Shannon Hamilton. Tell him Brodie sent you.
                              I heard he likes to have sex in uncomfortable places, like the back of a volkswagen.

Comment

Working...
                              X