Best used half ton pick up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best used half ton pick up?

Looking at getting another truck in the 50-75k mile range. Thoughts on the most durable v8s out there? Will mainly haul crap from home depot and occasional light towing.
    F150
    0%
    Sierra
    0%
    Silverado
    0%
    Ram
    0%
    Tundra
    0%
    Titan
    0%

Love my f150
    The richest man in Babylon

Comment

I'm going to catch a rash of shit, but I fucking LOVE my '12 Ram. My Dad loves his as well, and it is light years ahead of the previous generations (he had an 04, 06, and 08 Ram previously).

Tundra and Ram were my top 2 after looking at them all. Tundra's are higher than giraffe pussy though, and they won't budge on price.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I really like my Titan. It's an '05 CC. I bought it new and it's got 163K on it. No major issues. I would buy it again if I had to.

Comment

as much as I dislike GM, I still vote GM for half-ton superiority
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Oh yeah, I think it was in 04 only, but the ujoints are staked on the f150's. Check that out before you buy one used. I've read about guys having to replace a driveshaft just for a bad ujoint.
            The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Can't beat a half ton gm. Ls motor and they can be had cheap.

Should also note a silverado and Sierra are the same truck.
              07 f250-family truckster
              08 Denali -baby hauler
              52 f1-rust bucket
              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I like the Tundras. A friend has an 07 V8 Tundra with over 70k on it, and it still runs like a top. Comfortable, powerful, roomy, and they hold their resale value REALLY well, too.

Comment

Chevy or tundra.
                  ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    as much as I dislike GM, I still vote GM for half-ton superiority
                    Same here. Bought 04 tahoe with 60k on the clock and put another 110k on with no real mechanical issues.

Comment

I'd do the Silverado or Sierra, as others have said. My 05 Suburban is at 150k and runs great (knock on wood). Look at auto-trader and the like and you constantly see them with 200k+.

Comment

I cant really answer this question without knowing what year range you have in mind.
                        96-EBS99 Silverados are probably the most dependable half ton you can get. They are slow and thirsty but are bulletproof and parts are cheap. But you get to the 99-03 trucks and there are many electrical gremlins and minor brake wear issues and engines that love to leak after 100k.

That's just an example. Ford, Toyota, GM, Dodge etc etc all have there good and bad years.

That being said, the nicest and most reliable of those listed is the Toyota Tundra. We NEVER get them in for repair. Oil change and plugs, sure but never for mechanical failures.
                        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Ford 1/2 ton autos have always scared me - new or used.

Comment

I bought an '04 Z71 Silverado back in 2003, planned on replacing it after 10 years, but with only 80K on the clock and near flawless reliability over the past 11 years, I'm keeping it 'til
                            they come out with something I like better...

mardyn

Comment

Chevy or GMC for a used half ton. The 5.3 and 6.0 are both great engines.

Comment

Working...
                              X