Filed for divorce...wow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Don't forget to cut off all of her access to your money. I've heard more than once that women will clean a dude out. If she hasn't already, she may do it soon.

Edit: If you have any really good bro's, see if you can "sell" them any toys/extra stuff that you don't want her to get. Bills of sale backdated to before the filing date.
    Be very careful with cutting her off right now........judges do not look favorably on this practice. Oh and BTW, be thankful she is not asking for 1/2 of your social security. It is an asset. Mine did and i payed her out of the profits on the sale of the house. I paid full insurance/medical/car notes etc for the 2 years our divorce went on. It sucks........and I had both boys living with me and supporting them as well................Then they went to college the next year, I was a broke dick.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
      Be very careful with cutting her off right now........judges do not look favorably on this practice. Oh and BTW, be thankful she is not asking for 1/2 of your social security. It is an asset. Mine did and i payed her out of the profits on the sale of the house. I paid full insurance/medical/car notes etc for the 2 years our divorce went on. It sucks........and I had both boys living with me and supporting them as well................Then they went to college the next year, I was a broke dick.
      But you all up in that Airplane Dooo....

Comment

I am trying to be mature in every aspect. I have not cut her off or pulled any money from our joint checking account. She took the newer car which is in my name, and I just paid her insurance bill and cell phone last week. I am not looking to leave her stranded even though that is apparently what she wants to do to me. I am still "friends" with her and her family on Facebook and even though they are posted indirect jabs that I know are directed at me, I don't respond. I am not even posting anything on Facebook right now just to make sure that nothing can be held against me.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
          Dallas, somewhere off of 635. Problem is, I'm not sure I'd remember the name if I heard it.

Guess I'll just start calling all of the counselors and asking if I am in their system. Fun stuff.

Looks like I'll have to get a regular ole j-o-b somewhere in town since she will no doubt take as much of our (my) assets as possible. I'm just glad that I've run into a few roadblocks while getting my business started. At least I don't have to sell a store that I just opened or anything. Really frustrating to think that I was so close to having my plans become reality.
          From what I remember of my divorce, in TX any assets that were yours prior to your marriage are solely yours after divorce and won't be considered in the joint assets to be split. If you acquired the watches and bullion after you were married then they will be considered joint assets that will have to be split.
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Sounds like it's definitely for the best. Sorry you are going through it, Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              Holler at me if you want to get a beer, my brother. You know where my facebook is at.
              Pick a time and place, I'll gladly toss back a drink.

Comment

Hit me on fb, dude.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                  I'm glad I live in Texas. I figured if she could get more sympathy from the judge, he would give her a better deal in the divorce.
                  She's female. She already has the sympathy, and the OP is the problem. Be warned, it's like 90+% that the judge will view it like this from the OP's perspective.

Good luck.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Man I am coming up on 7 years next month. Threads like these scare the crap out of me that my wife will go insane one day and divorce me.

I hope things swing in your favor. Not all women are mean/crazy/psycho.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                      Man I am coming up on 7 years next month. Threads like these scare the crap out of me that my wife will go insane one day and divorce me.

I hope things swing in your favor. Not all women are mean/crazy/psycho.
                      ha, tomorrow is our 6 year anniversary. It's pretty hard not to compare my situation to these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                        Not all women are mean/crazy/psycho.
                        False. They're all crazy. It's all about finding your brand of crazy.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

All this social media and shit has ruined a lot of them imo.

I got divorced end of last year.

Shit sucks, lonely at times, but shit is it better than being miserable about whatever the fuck she chooses to miserable about for that day. Every motherfuckin day, at least it felt that way.

Comment

meet me and lincolnboy at babydolls for lunch one day!!

Its hard for me to get out after 6pm, and on weekends, my ol lady is pretty strict about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                              meet me and lincolnboy at babydolls for lunch one day!!

Its hard for me to get out after 6pm, and on weekends, my ol lady is pretty strict about that.
                              what's she got against the A team?
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I am trying to be mature in every aspect. I have not cut her off or pulled any money from our joint checking account. She took the newer car which is in my name, and I just paid her insurance bill and cell phone last week. I am not looking to leave her stranded even though that is apparently what she wants to do to me. I am still "friends" with her and her family on Facebook and even though they are posted indirect jabs that I know are directed at me, I don't respond. I am not even posting anything on Facebook right now just to make sure that nothing can be held against me.
                                Just remember, Google will find every post on here...

Comment

Working...
                                X