Filed for divorce...wow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filed for divorce...wow.

It's long, but just read the damn thing.

Cliff notes of back story: We've had ups and downs, been married for 5yrs as of this coming July. She walked out on me two years ago, and like a dumbass, I took her back 4 months later. We have a son, and she has been a stay at home mom since I took her back.

On to current events... We moved back to my hometown, and I had plans of opening my own shop. She has not been happy in a long time, and cannot give a straight answer as to why. I have (like a good husband) done whatever I thought would help make life better and make her happy. I let her stop working to be a stay at home wife, bought her a new car, and have always taken care of everything. She can't make friends; she can't put herself in new social environments. My hometown has a LOT of my family members, and she has always seemed to enjoy being around them. So I thought "a ha!", we can move back home, my son will have a safe place to grow up, lots of family, and my wife can immediately have people to associate with.

She has been talking to her "bff" (that she hates for like 4 months out of every year), and blah blah blah. So we sit down to have a serious talk, with me wanting to work things out. She seemed to be agreeing with what I was saying, then all of a sudden said "Well if I go, I'm taking Logan with me. I will not leave him here." She packed up some stuff to head to her mom's. She took our son (4yrs old) with her, and although it hurt me, I let her because I didn't want us to fight over him right in front of him.

I went the next day and filed for divorce. The only thing I really want is my son. I requested primary custody of my son, and stated that I would not ask for child support, and I would take care of his insurance needs. She could have the vast majority of material things, I don't care.

She files a counter with the following (prepare to get angry)... She wants full custody of him, I pay child support, I pay insurance, I pay Spousal Support!, she gets her choice of any and all belongings, ALL of his personal belongings, ALL of my watches and bullion, more than half of all monies, and the newer of our two cars.

I just don't get it. I wanted to be mature. My main concern is my son's well being and best interest. I am hoping that the judge sees how petty and vindictive she is being with her "counter offer." Thankfully, at least, the judge in this county is known for being pro-daddy.

Needless to say, I am spending whatever I need in order to fight for my son. Conclusion of this story....no more choo choo for me, but hopefully I'll get my son out of everything.

sorry to hear that. From what I understand, most attorneys will advise thier client to ask for everything, and hope that they get it.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That's rough, man. I don't quite know why people do that stuff. My parents divorce was very petty, I remember enough to know that it's amazing how childish people can be. Good luck to you.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

whats she asks for and what she gets is completely different man. dont get too worked up this early. 90% of a divorce decree is like a big long boring form letter. best of luck to you from a single dad with full custody.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          sorry to hear that. From what I understand, most attorneys will advise thier client to ask for everything, and hope that they get it.
          Can't take a percentage of nothing!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Good luck man. If your attorney hasn't advised you of this, I will.

DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.
            Don't lose your temper. Ever. Don't be rude, don't call her names, don't argue. If she is known for doing any of the above, record every single conversation you have, whether it be in person, or over the phone. She does not have to know you are recording, for it to be admissable in court. On the flip side, you need to assume she is recording everything, so act accordingly.
            Document, document, document.
            Spend as much time with your son as possible.
            Love your kid, as I'm sure you do. Don't speak negatively about her, in front of him, whether you're talking to him or not.
            DO NOT GIVE HER ANY CASH.

Good luck, and sorry to hear it. It will get better with time.
            Last edited by bcoop; 05-08-2014, 01:10 PM.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              Can't take a percentage of nothing!
              Truf, but I'm not allowed to sell anything at all until after the hearing.

Comment

damn, two women trouble threads in 24 hours. I wish you the best, sounds like you have a real monster on your hands

Comment

Damn, second time I've posted this today, you guys need to read this and prepare yourself for an all out fucking war. It's mean, it's ugly, and it's fucking dirty. Sounds like you don't have a choice now. Man the fuck up, take your licks in stride, and for god sake be a good dad which it sounds like you are.

Read this ------- http://forum.dadsdivorce.com/viewtopic.php?t=13374
                  The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                    cash, cash cash

Comment

Don't forget to cut off all of her access to your money. I've heard more than once that women will clean a dude out. If she hasn't already, she may do it soon.

Edit: If you have any really good bro's, see if you can "sell" them any toys/extra stuff that you don't want her to get. Bills of sale backdated to before the filing date.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                        Sounds like someone needs to break in and steal everything.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          Don't forget to cut off all of her access to your money. I've heard more than once that women will clean a dude out. If she hasn't already, she may do it soon.

Edit: If you have any really good bro's, see if you can "sell" them any toys/extra stuff that you don't want her to get. Bills of sale backdated to before the filing date.
                          They'll want to know what happened to the money

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                            They'll want to know what happened to the money
                            I sold it for $100, your honor. I was emotionally distraught, I wish I had those possessions back, here is the bill of sale.

Comment

That fuckin bitch!
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X