palo duro canyon state park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• palo duro canyon state park

anyone been? prolly gonna take Jr out there this summer for some camping and such.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

It's really hot, I wouldn't take your boy out there during the summer. Fall would be ideal.
    The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
      It's really hot, I wouldn't take your boy out there during the summer. Fall would be ideal.
      he's 1/2 mexican. he'll be fine.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

It's pretty awesome. Be sure to check out the play Texas! It's pretty elaborate with a hell of a back drop. Don't forget to take some spray paint to Cadillac Ranch. Jr will have some fun with that.

Comment

Pretty hot during the summer, especially if you plan on hiking down into the canyon. Be sure to bring plenty of water. The park has some really nice cabins that can be rented if you plan on staying overnight. And if you bring any pets, please don't bring them hiking with you.

Comment

Personally, I like Caprock canyon... no where near as popular/crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              It's pretty awesome. Be sure to check out the play Texas! It's pretty elaborate with a hell of a back drop. Don't forget to take some spray paint to Cadillac Ranch. Jr will have some fun with that.
              I've been considering making a Cadillac ranch, but with Miatas.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

It will flash flood like a mofo out there. Pay attention to the weather and stay out of the dry river beds.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  I've been considering making a Cadillac ranch, but with Miatas.
                  Wouldn't work.

They would only be 3 feet above ground.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    Wouldn't work.

They would only be 3 feet above ground.
                    You could stack them like Stonehenge.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      You could stack them like Stonehenge.
                      Miatahenge... you are onto something.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Used to go almost every weekend with the people I ran around with after high school. Had lots of fun dow at the Canyon. As others have mentioned. It gets extremely hot! Down in the canyon there is not much wind. So a little hear makes it extra hot. If you hike, the soil will ruin pretty much all your clothes. The red clay base will turn everything red after washing it. Also pack plenty of drinks,food and snacks because it is a long way to get anything. There is pretty much nothing between Palo Duro Canyon and either Canyon or Amarillo. It is only 15-20 miles but there is nothing but a few homes in between.

Comment

Like stated above....pretty hot in summer. Plenty of water for hiking. They also have bike trails if you want to that as well. You can try to find a good spot that is close to little creek that is down there to cool off.

Comment

Have fun with all those snakes!
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

They're just rattlesnakes

Comment

Working...
                              X