Blocking diesel pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking diesel pumps

I've always notice that a few people will go to pumps with diesel at stations to get gas even though plenty of gas only pumps were available. I've never thought much of it until recently one of the stores I call on opened a station. The have 8 pumps, 4 combo 4 gas only. As I do paper work or take a break I'll watch the station and I've noticed only about 1 in 5 cars use the gas only pumps. What gives here?

Are people just assholes and want to block diesels from possible fueling or just that ignorant?
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
    I've always notice that a few people will go to pumps with diesel at stations to get gas even though plenty of gas only pumps were available. I've never thought much of it until recently one of the stores I call on opened a station. The have 8 pumps, 4 combo 4 gas only. As I do paper work or take a break I'll watch the station and I've noticed only about 1 in 5 cars use the gas only pumps. What gives here?

Are people just assholes and want to block diesels from possible fueling or just that ignorant?
    world is full of assholes, either bitch on the internet about it, or start keying their cars!!!

Comment

I think people just really have never thought about it. It has gas nozzle, they pull up there. People who have a need for diesel have to go to the green handle, so we think about it.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

are we going to talk about this again?

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post

If u think people care about if they block the road pump whatever they don't. Just look how most of the clowns drive! If ignorance paid money a lot if these tools would be filthy rich!!!

Comment

I had honestly never thought about it until I saw a diesel guy pull up to the E85 yellow pump and fill his tank. That was the first time I ever payed attention to the green pumps.
            Ever since then I try to not use the green pumps but sometimes forget.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I really don't give a shit if they block the diesel pump or not, that's thier choice to listen to my old ass clattering 7.3L till they move.

Comment

Yeah anyone who doesn't drive a diesel has never had a reason to think twice about it.

Oh and repost!

Comment

[/QUOTE]
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    [/QUOTE]

oh shit, whitetrash is going to blow a gasket

Comment

oh shit, whitetrash is going to blow a gasket[/QUOTE]
                      She fell asleep, standing up, while filling her truck with gas at the only diesel pump.

Comment

oh shit, whitetrash is going to blow a gasket[/QUOTE]

Pfft. I'm not mad about anything. I get fuel where every pump has diesel. I made this post purely off observation of a new station I'm watching for volume.

And I'd just honk. Scarin the shit out of an old person is worth a few minutes wait.
                        07 f250-family truckster
                        08 Denali -baby hauler
                        52 f1-rust bucket
                        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          oh shit, whitetrash is going to blow a gasket
                          She fell asleep, standing up, while filling her truck with gas at the only diesel pump.[/QUOTE]

he'd of strangled her

Comment

Diesel is on the end and therefore the first pump you pull up to. It's all about connivence really.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                              Diesel is on the end and therefore the first pump you pull up to. It's all about connivence really.
                              I think that has most to do with it.

When it happens to me I always just pull right up on their rear and sit there with the truck idling....when it's cold out I even sometimes flip the high idle switch so that it is that much more noisy (OBS 7.3). I'd like to think that the subtle lesson works on some.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X