Don't question the school board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
    You're REALLY gonna hate Texas then, cause it's a whole offense on it's own and it's a class B offense..(up to 6 months in jail and 2k fine)...

PC 42.05. DISRUPTING MEETING OR PROCESSION. (a) A person
    commits an offense if, with intent to prevent or disrupt a lawful
    meeting, procession, or gathering, he obstructs or interferes with
    the meeting, procession, or gathering by physical action or verbal
    utterance.
    (b) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.
    I don't like it here either, but I haven't heard of it being enforced. Especially for something as trivial as a school meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Especially for something as trivial as a school meeting.
      Oh man, you have no idea... School board meetings are notorious for getting testy and out of hand... Think about it, you're talking about stuff that effects people's kids... People can get plum goofy when you start messing around with their kids...

Comment

Fuck that cop. He should have knocked him out and really given him something to arrest him for since he was going to get arrested anyways.

Comment

If you watch the video of him being arrested all the way through he is standing there with his hands behind his back and the cops keeps saying “Stop Resisting, Stop Resisting!!!”

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
            If you watch the video of him being arrested all the way through he is standing there with his hands behind his back and the cops keeps saying “Stop Resisting, Stop Resisting!!!”

They started teaching that Day 1 at Police Academy after Rodney King.

Comment

I don't even have to post since y'all know exactly what I'd do!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                Well, no, we dont. You haven't answered. We can speculate, but thats why i asked.
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  I don't like it here either, but I haven't heard of it being enforced. Especially for something as trivial as a school meeting.
                  Probably just has not made the news, youtube...etc.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    Shoot his dog, put weed in his car and say he drew on you so you can put him in prison?

Just kidding, so you'd do what? Pull the gentleman aside, ask him politely to respect the rules and to go home (which is what I'd do) and to take up the issue with other parents to remove the board if he is unhappy with them?
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Did he not refuse to go with the officer and told the officer "you're going to have to arrest me " ?
                      Was he not told that he had to wait his turn to talk just like the other people ?
                      No, he wanted to do things his way and not by the rules. He got what he wanted.
                      I can't imagine charges will stick because of the outcry and the lack of making a scene on his part. The cop probably should have just pulled the guy out and let it cool off. Arresting him seems way over the top.

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
                      That statement seems to only fire people up and amp up a situation that doesn't need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        That statement seems to only fire people up and amp up a situation that doesn't need it.
                        Yup, makes you think "Bitch, I'll show you resisting" and it's all downhill from there.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          Well, no, we dont. You haven't answered. We can speculate, but thats why i asked.
                          Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          Shoot his dog, put weed in his car and say he drew on you so you can put him in prison?

Just kidding, so you'd do what? Pull the gentleman aside, ask him politely to respect the rules and to go home (which is what I'd do) and to take up the issue with other parents to remove the board if he is unhappy with them?
                          The problem these days is that the public demands that officers are held accountable by wearing video cameras. In most instances, that removes officer discretion. If the camera captures an offense and you don't take action, you are derelict and can be disciplined.

In this instance, I would attempt to do exactly what Frosty suggested and remove the problem. Taking someone out of a volatile environment and speaking to them one on one usually works without having to go by the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            Fuck that cop. He should have knocked him out and really given him something to arrest him for since he was going to get arrested anyways.
                            Big difference between disrupting a meeting and felony assault of a public servant.

Comment

I agree with the 2 minute rule deal. I have spoken to school boards and have gone over and under my 2 minutes several times. However once the school board rep (I will assume it was the President) started the back and forth with him the 2 minute deal goes out the window. I have held a conversation with our school board for well over 2 minutes with never a threat of removal. I have also been asked to keep quite which I did.

I think if the man had been taken outside and told to go home or you will be arrested it would have went down better. If he still refused then by all means arrest him. I get the mans point however he can't just ramble on. He should have made an appointment to talk to the Superintendent and the President of the school board. If they refused then take it to the media outlets.

You could also think about it this way, if he had just sat down and shut his mouth we most likely would have never heard about this. His plan may have worked as planned.

As for the content of the book. Parents have the right to know what their kids are reading. The description of the sex was a little over the top for the HS level IMO. The overall theme of the book is peer on peer bullying. It ends with the main character shooting up the school and mainly targeting jocks, sound familiar?

It's probably also worth noting that the story told in the book takes place in a small town in New Hampshire.

Here is some more reading from the book:
                              Matt and Drew pull down Peter's pants and expose his genitals in front of the packed cafeteria. For Peter, this is the last straw and a month later, the shooting happens. During the shooting, Peter is heard calling out to the jocks, as they were his main target. Peter says the endless bullying was his motivation for the shooting: "It had to stop." His defense: "They started it" leads his attorney to come up with a motivation similar to that of the Battered woman defense.

Comment

Also, the school board is elected, perhaps people should actually turn out when it's time to vote instead of shirking their civic duties. Put people in place that will do a better job.
                                That's the funny thing about voting, though. Do you really think there were better candidates running? And if so, how would you know who is decent and who sucks? They typically all lie, or at least they will say/do anything to win and then they don't back it up.

Personally, I think it's a bigger problem when people cast a blind, misguided, or under-informed vote for someone simply because they think they need to vote. That worked like a charm for Obama. P-Diddy and MTV told people to get off their ass and vote, so they did. They weren't told who to vote for, but they felt like it was their duty. Most of them didn't have a clue on what the candidates were really about either, but you see how that turned out.

Comment

Working...
                                X