Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot water heater flood at my house, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Yup, slab. I kind of figured. Guess I should just replace them every 5 years or so and go with the longest warranty they've got. Seemed like my dad was replacing ours in our old house almost every other year. The one I've got looks like it has some age on it.
    Do proper maintenance, keep an eye on the t&p valve. You're supposed to drain/rinse once or twice a year depending on water quality.

If your water heater is gas, you could go to a tankless unit (elec ones suck, $$$ to operate). It will require a 3/4" gas line, and your current gas line is probably 1/2". But that would be a hell of a lot cheaper than moving your tank and re routing all hot water lines.

I would not recommend an elec tankless heater to anyone though.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Do proper maintenance, keep an eye on the t&p valve. You're supposed to drain/rinse once or twice a year depending on water quality.

If your water heater is gas, you could go to a tankless unit (elec ones suck, $$$ to operate). It will require a 3/4" gas line, and your current gas line is probably 1/2". But that would be a hell of a lot cheaper than moving your tank and re routing all hot water lines.

I would not recommend an elec tankless heater to anyone though.

I'm in luck, I have gas at this house. Looks like I've got yet another future project on the list. lol, it never ends.

Comment

I'm in luck, I have gas at this house it never ends.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post

You can do better than that. C-.

Comment

You can do better than that. C-.
            It was one of those that you half ass swing at just because..
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'm in luck, I have gas at this house. Looks like I've got yet another future project on the list. lol, it never ends.
              Yeah home ownership is a never ending task list. Still better than renting though. (IMO)
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
              X