Dodge Dart SRT getting AWD and turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Dart SRT getting AWD and turbo

American made WRX killa? Could be a pretty neat little car. Personally it just took them changing the name from Neon to Dart to make me start liking them. Nice to see the horsepower wars alive and well, and even being fought with the cheaper cars like back in the 60's and early 70's.

We're in the middle of Fiat Chrysler's announcement of their five-year plan, and while it isn't being broadcast online, some of the slides from the presentation are already up. Among the big news: a long awaited Dodge Dart SRT is coming. Finally!

This chart indicates an all-new Dart is coming in 2016, and it will come with the high-powered SRT version we have always wanted. Even better news: it will be all-wheel drive and turbocharged, according to sources at the announcement.

We're in the middle of Fiat Chrysler's announcement of their five-year plan, and while it isn't being broadcast online, some of the slides from the presentation are already up. Among the big news: a long awaited Dodge Dart SRT is coming. Finally!

ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      American made WRX killa? Could be a pretty neat little car. Personally it just took them changing the name from Neon to Dart to make me start liking them. Nice to see the horsepower wars alive and well, and even being fought with the cheaper cars like back in the 60's and early 70's.

This chart indicates an all-new Dart is coming in 2016, and it will come with the high-powered SRT version we have always wanted. Even better news: it will be all-wheel drive and turbocharged, according to sources at the announcement.

http://jalopnik.com/the-dodge-dart-s...ium=socialflow
      Pretty cool. I can't remember the last all wheel drive american compact. Time will tell if it's got that legendary dodge quality.

Comment

I'll take the Subi, because Dodge can eat my hairy asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

Do you ever get dingle berries?

Comment

Originally posted by robray5.0 View Post
            Pretty cool. I can't remember the last all wheel drive american compact. Time will tell if it's got that legendary Italian quality.
            Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            This
            Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            Do you ever get dingle berries?
            Inquiring tongues want to know?

100:1 that the Dart SRT (if it ever does see the light of day) will cost more, perform worse, and be lower quality than a WRX.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

A quick turd on wheels just like the previous SRT-4s. No thanks, will gladly take a WRX over one or even a Focus ST.

Comment

No 5.0, no care.

Comment

To bad it's not the Challenger.

Comment

Keep in mind that this is a Fiat product now. You know the guys that own Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Lancia and Maserati. They aren't going to be reusing 20 year old Mitsubishi drivetrains.

Comment

I thought the this Dart series was one of the worst cars on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        I thought the this Dart series was one of the worst cars on the road?
                        Compared to the cars in it's class sure but it's competing with Civics and Corollas. The worst cars on the road today are considerably higher quality than what Chrysler was selling before Fiat got involved.

Comment

The worst cars on the road today are mostly better than the best cars on the road 20 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X