Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any traffic lawyers handle CDL speeding tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDL people have it rough. I hate this whole point system. I would rather pay the officer to give me a warning than go through the state any day.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
      CDL people have it rough. I hate this whole point system. I would rather pay the officer to give me a warning than go through the state any day.
      Points only count if you are convicted. Don't get convicted and your good. Just because someone said you were doing wrong doesnt mean you were. The guy I posted above has helped me more than once. Use a lawyer and relax IMO

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
        Yea I asked him if I could get by with a warning. He told me no, because it was over 10 over. He said I was doing 73 in a 60.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
        What? Since when is 13 over felony speeding??

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          What? Since when is 13 over felony speeding??
          since asshole cop, apparently.

One of my friends has a window manufacturing company, and one of his delivery drivers got stopped, they pulled the scales out, and he was 300lbs overloaded. It was a company truck, 12 Silverado 3500 dually, and this driver had a CDL. The probation is $4000.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
            Jack Byno has handled some bs tickets for me.
            fuck that dude and his little harlots.
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              There's an officer with no compassion.

Don't screw with a man's means of income unless he absolutely gives you no other choice, especially when he's in his own vehicle.

I've only written 1 CDL ticket in 22+ years and that guy left me no option.
              You're the exeption. When I had my CDL, I think I had 1-2 officers say they wouldn't cite partially b/c of my CDL. But I did get a couple where I *did* get a citation and I was doing just about 10 over. I ended up having to change my DL back to a regular DL b/c it just wasn't worth carrying the CDL anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post

One of my friends has a window manufacturing company, and one of his delivery drivers got stopped, they pulled the scales out, and he was 300lbs overloaded. It was a company truck, 12 Silverado 3500 dually, and this driver had a CDL. The probation is $4000.
                300lbs over what weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  300lbs over what weight?
                  couldnt tell you, honestly. I assume the GVW on the truck?
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by baron von crowder View Post

One of my friends has a window manufacturing company, and one of his delivery drivers got stopped, they pulled the scales out, and he was 300lbs overloaded. It was a company truck, 12 silverado 3500 dually, and this driver had a cdl. The probation is $4000.
                    gawt damn!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      300lbs over what weight?
                      Yeah. I've heard of them getting $1/lb, but 4k for 300? DAAAAYYYYUUUUUMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        Yeah. I've heard of them getting $1/lb, but 4k for 300? DAAAAYYYYUUUUUMMM.
                        What's really messed up: this delivery driver never told anyone he had a CDL, because he didnt want to have to drive the bigger trucks that run to houston/austin. Apparently he's pretty lazy, and was trying to make one trip instead of the two he was supposed to. He may not have a job here shortly, especially if the company has to pay the fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post

I got one in Florida for 220lbs over gross, dick head scale master. Most states give you 400 lbs if you have a apu. but they dont.
                          Two months ago I was clocked at 71 in a 55. Cost me 500. to get it knocked down to a non moving.

Comment

Any traffic lawyers handle CDL speeding tickets?

Some of you CDL drivers need to read Sec. 621.506 of the Transportation Code. One minimum fine is $7k for overweight. The maximum is $10k. Felonies max out at that.

Comment

Working...
                            X