beaches or other ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaches or other ideas

I want to take my two year old somewhere in July, I am taking two weeks off. I was thinking south padre or Galveston but then I don't know how he would like salt water. ( single dad, first kid lol) do any of you ballers have any good suggestions? He loves water and being outside, hell he loves anything.

Just trying to get some ideas from other parents.

Thanks

Destin is nice if u don't mind the travel distance.

Comment

Galveston is great. It's close, the people are kind. We always stay at the galvez. It has a nice pool (with a swim up bar) should little man not care for the salt water. Jr and I are headed down in June for a week. He loves it! Beach, pool, and tons of stuff to do. Moody gardens, strand, schlittenbahn, to name a few.

God bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Port A

Comment

Why not one of the local lakes and rent a pontoon boat? Personally I prefer Lake Texoma - lots of beaches and some islands to mess around on.

The down side is the water levels right now. Still in Texoma's case you can rent a "Cabin" and stay on the water all day/night if you want. Fish, swim, boat...etc.

As a 2 year old, plenty of shallow beaches too with very little in the way of wakes/waves to worry about. Hell, plenty of the marinas have public "beaches" that you can just splash around on for awhile, get food, fish.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
            Port A
            This.

Comment

2 young to waste the money on that kind of travel.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                Galveston is great. We always stay at the galvez. It has a nice pool (with a swim up bar)
                Balla!
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                  x2. Travel with a 2 year old, sounds like a self inflicted hatchet wound. He's not making memories yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    Galveston is great. It's close, the people are kind. We always stay at the galvez. It has a nice pool (with a swim up bar) should little man not care for the salt water. Jr and I are headed down in June for a week. He loves it! Beach, pool, and tons of stuff to do. Moody gardens, strand, schlittenbahn, to name a few.

God bless.
                    I have heard about that place, will look into it.

thanks

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                    Port A
                    how did I know you would say that lol

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    Why not one of the local lakes and rent a pontoon boat? Personally I prefer Lake Texoma - lots of beaches and some islands to mess around on.

The down side is the water levels right now. Still in Texoma's case you can rent a "Cabin" and stay on the water all day/night if you want. Fish, swim, boat...etc.

As a 2 year old, plenty of shallow beaches too with very little in the way of wakes/waves to worry about. Hell, plenty of the marinas have public "beaches" that you can just splash around on for awhile, get food, fish.
                    That's a idea as well, never thought about that

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                    I know he will never remember this, but it's my first time to really be able to do anything with him since I didn't have much time off at my last job. I kinda want to go do something fun away from dfw.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      x2. Travel with a 2 year old, sounds like a self inflicted hatchet wound. He's not making memories yet.
                      He actually loves riding in the truck. Turn a movie on for him and he is good haha

Comment

i cannot imagine a 2yr old NOT having a good time at the beach.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

We've taken the kids to Galveston, had a good time there. Moody Gardens is great, lots of stuff to see and keep their attention.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Unless all you want to do is lay out and play on the beach, I'd recommend something other than South Padre. We went for our honeymoon 5 years ago and it was great. Been back 4 times since, and every year more and more stuff is closed down. The economy has taken a dump down there. Were trying Port A next month. Haven't been there since I was a kid. He is probably too young to enjoy the uss lexington in corpus, but he'd probably have fun at the aquarium there too.

Comment

Turner Falls and Arbuckle Wilderness or Glen Rose and Fossil Rim would be other options for a 2 year old.

Comment

Working...
                              X