UPS makes slight mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS makes slight mistake

No one's perfect, least of all UPS. But as far as mistakes go, this is just about as bad—and expensive—as it gets. Thanks to one hell of a mixup, Reddit user Seventy_Seven just got a $400,000 unmanned aerial vehicle delivered straight to his doorstep. Talk about service.

UPS Just Delivered a $400,000 Drone to Some Dude by MistakeExpand

Apparently, the rather expensive piece of federal property had been in storage "for a while" before landing at its new (probably extremely temporary at this point) home. And the really weird thing is, even after being informed of the error, UPS was more than willing to let him hold onto the US government's drone. According to Seventy_Seven:

OP here, just called UPS. They told me that it was one of the undelivered packages in their office, and asked if I've ever had an undelivered package. I said no, but he insisted that it was mine, and said that it was up to me if I want to keep it or not.

I don't think that's the right way to go about this, so I'm going to call the number on the card, and get this sorted out.

UPS Just Delivered a $400,000 Drone to Some Dude by Mistake1Expand

Fortunately for the NOAA Aircraft Operations Center, the long-lost drone clearly ended up with someone who understands the implications of keeping his surprise package. It also seems that he's only received part of the full drone, which is a good thing since the propellers on the full thing can do some major damage. [Imgur, Reddit via @Cooper]

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

They will probably arrest him for stealing government property.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

So, what would you guys do? Hmm... put that behind the tires against the corner of the shop..
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'd leave it on the front porch, call the UPS and tell them to come get it as well as the number on the card. You wouldn't find me anywhere near that thing
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Prolly accidently back over it.

God bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

throw it up on craigslist?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I wouldve fucked around with it
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I'll offer tree fiddy, CASH!
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

That's pretty cool. $400,000? Nah, they sell that at harbor freight. $65 after a 20% off coupon.

Comment

I would have finger fucked the hell out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      throw it up on craigslist?
                      They wouldn't be able to ever get it again without contracting DFWM out to find it.
                      Originally posted by Buzzo
                      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        So, what would you guys do? Hmm... put that behind the tires against the corner of the shop..
                        It wasn't a complete drone. The thread on reddit where the guy posted pictures showed it was just a few parts and a controller.

Comment

looks like it has the viewer and the control boxes. I bet it has the thermal unit as well. Yes please!

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                            That's pretty cool. $400,000? Nah, they sell that at harbor freight. $65 after a 20% off coupon.
                            And you'd get a free pack of screwdrivers!

Comment

I'd put it on a treadmill.

Comment

Working...
                              X