Obama asked to block Top Gear BBC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama asked to block Top Gear BBC.

This could go in several forums, so I'm just going to slap it down here. If you've been following this, it's obviously a bunch of horseshit to begin with. He never said nigger. Piers Morgan is probably somehow to blame.

LONDON — President Obama has been asked to consider blocking broadcast in the U.S. of BBC motoring show “Top Gear” after its star, Jeremy Clarkson, was accused of allegedly using racist language.

A firm of lawyers, Equal Justice, is to write to Obama and the ambassadors of more than 200 countries in which “Top Gear” airs to ask them to consider the evidence, and then decide if the series should continue to be broadcast in their countries, the Guardian has reported.

The firm was referring to footage from the show in which the nursery rhyme “eeny, meeny, miny, mo” was recited, and in which it has been alleged the n-word was used. The footage was not broadcast, but the Daily Mirror has put the footage on its website. Clarkson claims he mumbled something that sounds like the offending word, but not the word itself.

Lawrence Davies, director of Equal Justice, said: “Clarkson claimed he ‘did everything in my power to make sure that that version did not appear in the program that was transmitted’ … The obvious thing that any non-racist would have done is to not use the rhyme at all or failing that to simply substitute another word such as ‘tiger’ in the take. There was never any need to mumble the N-word repeatedly.”

Davies added that the BBC should have sacked Clarkson and his team for alleged “gross misconduct,” but won’t because “they are making money out of the show.”

It is not the first time the show has been accused of using racist language.

Equal Justice repped Indian-born actress Somi Guha when she filed a complaint to the BBC about “Top Gear” after Clarkson used the word “slope” when referring to an Asian man.

The firm also repped Iris de la Torre, who complained about the use of racial stereotypes in an episode about Mexican vehicles.

LONDON — President Obama has been asked to consider blocking broadcast in the U.S. of BBC motoring show “Top Gear” after its star, Jeremy Clarkson, was accused of allegedly using racist language. A firm of lawyers, Equal Justice, is to write to Obama and the ambassadors of more than 200 countries in which “Top Gear”... Read more ?

As long as they ban rap music with it I'm good.

Comment

It does honestly sound like he indeed mumbled the word which will inevitably become a felony for white people.

Comment

If it never aired and it is just an outtake, no one really saw it. I don't understand the issue.

Comment

Who cares, that is how the nursery rhyme goes and everyone was thinking the same thing when they hear it. It is a none issue these groups just make a living off of crap like this.

Comment

He didn't use the word slope the way that lady said he did. He was talking about a bridge not being level.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Nigger! Nigger! We've got nigger here! See? Nobody cares.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                He didn't use the word slope the way that lady said he did. He was talking about a bridge not being level.
                Was there an asian on or near the bridge?

Comment

Safe to turn up the speakers full blast at your workplace...

Comment

Such bullshit, the British were the first to publicly speak out and actively fight slavery on all British soil. To even insinuate racism is a BS ploy. What is next.............accusations of racist thought without uttering a word?

Comment

Why don't they ban all rap music that uses the word??

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        As long as they ban rap music with it I'm good.
                        Really?

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                          Who cares, that is how the nursery rhyme goes and everyone was thinking the same thing when they hear it. It is a none issue these groups just make a living off of crap like this.

I honestly never even knew that until this mess. I thought it was always tiger. I thought Tarantino wrote it into the dungeon scene in Pulp Fiction just to be funny with wordplay.

Comment

slow news day.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Was there an asian on or near the bridge?
                              I think so.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X