Need some help locating some FR500 05+ wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help locating some FR500 05+ wheels

Its a crappy day that just gets worse. My best and closest friend just lost his mother last night after a battle with liver failure that hit her hard. Ive known this woman for 5 years and she was just a sweet and loveable person so I can only imagine what my friend is going through right now. I lost my father the same way just 3 years ago and didn't have anyone but his shoulder to cry on. I wish I could drive down to Houston to be there for him but I have to keep my shop open this week and with only the two of us I am stuck here with him down there. I am just glad he has his wife and kids with him right now.

Anyway to make matters worse some ass hat in an SUV ran him off the road into some train track barriers with his wife and kids in the car and destroyed his brand new FR500s and tires we converted his Mark VIII to hold. He saved for over a year to get them and within 2 hours of his mom passing some ass hat takes them away from him.
    I am trying to help him locate a replacement set as his car can only hold Mustang wheels with an 05+ offset now. So if anyone knows of any cheap deals on some please send the info my way. I will sell my new daily driver to help buy them for him as its his only car and he has enough on his plate right now.

These are the wheels:

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Pretty sure LMR sells them. Outside of that I'm not sure man.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Yeah they do. That may be the route I go. I just put my SSEi up for sale so I can help him out. LMR will be about $700 after tax or about $1400 with rubber. Was hoping to find a nice used set for cheaper.
      I found a set on ebay ending tomorrow that I may be able to swing for him.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

That's mighty white of you.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
          That's mighty white of you.
          Dude is going through one tough weekend. First the car backed out a control arm bolt but he caught it in time then his mom passing that afternoon followed by the accident after that.... Id snap. Hed been saving so long for those wheels and since the car is now hub converted we cant throw the Mark wheels back on.

Guy served in the Army for 8 years, never asks for anything, VA is screwing him on any benefits, one of his daughters is always needing medical attention and he goes out of his way to help people when they need it. He makes just enough to make it by so the least I can do is to get rid of something I don't really need to help him out. I am going to loan him my truck until the SSEi sells or if we figure out that between us we have enough to cover a new set of wheels.

Comment

Not sure if these are the ones you saw on ebay. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...5-Drag-Radials

American muscle has them for 138 a wheel and free shipping.
            Last edited by 95ragtop; 05-04-2014, 03:35 PM.
            De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Pictures of the damaged wheels? Are they fixable?
              (Company I work for does wheel repair amongst other things.)
              1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
              1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
              2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

can you find some 05' oem's on the cheap? that might be a solution

Comment

He said he thinks they can make it home so I guess the damage is not as bad as I had thought. When I see them I can make an assessment on them. I know both front ones have bent lips and I think one rear one is cracked. They were cheap knock offs so its not really a big loss, just bad timing. If I am lucky and nobody bids against me I should be able to score him another set for $525 shipped tomorrow.

Comment

Hit up Jon. He got me a set years ago new for about 600 iirc

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
                    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Well that set I was looking at on ebay turned out to be a few miles from where he is staying. Dude hooked him up and got him brand new FR500s in the proper 05+ offset for under $500. Of course the dang front tires cost quite a bit more but at least its getting handled.

Comment

Working...
                      X