FTP, FTF, or IDGAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    Comes with the people they deal with. Every single person they deal with lies and blames somebody else.
    Really? That's one hell of a blanket statement and complete bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      Umm, you should see my Facebook wall if you think this is even a fraction of my rants.
      Post a link, I'm up for some fun reading...

Comment

Originally posted by ftp View Post
        Really? That's one hell of a blanket statement and complete bullshit.
        really you never lied to a police officer about speeding, rolling a stop sign, smoking weed, etc? Can you say the same for your friends, and coworkers? Now go watch some cops episodes, they have the fuckers on camera and they are still saying it wasnt them.

That lying changes the way somebody looks at the society they vowed to protect and serve

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          Wouldnt see you bleeding all over the place about it?
          So you're saying it'd be a win/win?

I wouldn't have to see a new ftp thread started every day, and you wouldn't have to see people bitching about it?
          sigpic

Comment

really you never lied to a police officer about speeding, rolling a stop sign, smoking weed, etc? Can you say the same for your friends, and coworkers? Now go watch some cops episodes, they have the fuckers on camera and they are still saying it wasnt them.

That lying changes the way somebody looks at the society they vowed to protect and serve
            Tell me, which is worse? Not telling a cop what you're doing and incriminating yourself or a cop lying on a report which can land you in prison?

I'll wait. Do you see the ignorance in your statement on how people who view cops negatively and react in such a way is a bad thing but cops who do the same thing are victims of their interactions?
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              Do you see the ignorance ...
              Laughable statement coming from you, since you often show the same ignorance

you missed the point that it changes the cop, just as war changes the soldier

Comment

Comes with the people they deal with. Every single person they deal with lies and blames somebody else. That constant behavior is going to change how they interact with people, and they never know who they are interacting with and what state of mind they are in.

This guy is getting pulled over running a stop sign
                If your statement is true, then once a person has "changed" they need to be fired. You're saying cops lose their ability to make rational judgement calls.

Comment

Laughable statement coming from you, since you often show the same ignorance

you missed the point that it changes the cop, just as war changes the soldier
                  Right but once I'm back from war, I have no authority over anyone, especially American citizens yet cops keep their authority over citizens after they become jaded, rights violating assholes. So again, you have no comparison.

Interesting note: Off duty and retired cops can carry their weapon in places I can't so if you have one go off in say, a movie theater over someone texting, I, as a combat veteran, can't defend myself from the homicidal cop.
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                    If your statement is true, then once a person has "changed" they need to be fired. You're saying cops lose their ability to make rational judgement calls.
                    I think your stretching what I said into becoming the loss of the the ability to make rational judgement calls.

But you are partially correct. If they cant make _situational_ judgement calls while under the adrenaline rush, and dealing with the group psychosis (mob mentality) then they need to be reassigned or given breaks from their current duties. Which would create staffing issues, and abuse

For that awareness a department would need to investment in mental health services that I suspect that tax payers would rather go to some other sources based on the mental health care of vets

Comment

Working...
                    X