Justices Appear Divided on Cellphone Warrants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
    This would get you assault of an officer and attempted murder of an officer. Maybe even resisting arrest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR0G...ature=youtu.be
    Fuck that fat pig. ...someone should jerk him up by his neck and shove an apple in his mouth and a steel toe boot up his ass.
    sigpic

Comment

Without Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) software/hardware how do they plan to getting around someone locking their phone as soon as they get pulled over?
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        Cars meet the exigent exception because of the inherent mobility.

So you are not entitled to protection under the 4th if you live in an RV? Last time I checked they have "inherent mobility".
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          So you are not entitled to protection under the 4th if you live in an RV? Last time I checked they have "inherent mobility".
          The warrantless exception applies when there is probable cause to believe contraband will be found and there is no time to obtain the warrant.
          Carroll VS US, ruled that because of vehicles "inherent mobility", that they could be searched without a warrant when probable cause existed. In other words, they found it more "practical" to allow officers to conduct the search rather than hold a motorist on the side of the road for a few hours while a warrant was obtained.
          so, if it's got wheels and can move, it's subject to the Carroll doctrine. If it's in a mobile home park on blocks, thats a different animal.
          And scotus ruled last week that if an ANONYMOUS caller to 911 says you look like a drunk driver, officer don't need PC to pull you over. The said the call to 911 was enough...

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
            The warrantless exception applies when there is probable cause to believe contraband will be found and there is no time to obtain the warrant.
            Carroll VS US, ruled that because of vehicles "inherent mobility", that they could be searched without a warrant when probable cause existed. In other words, they found it more "practical" to allow officers to conduct the search rather than hold a motorist on the side of the road for a few hours while a warrant was obtained.
            so, if it's got wheels and can move, it's subject to the Carroll doctrine. If it's in a mobile home park on blocks, thats a different animal.
            And scotus ruled last week that if an ANONYMOUS caller to 911 says you look like a drunk driver, officer don't need PC to pull you over. The said the call to 911 was enough...
            That's BS. What's to prevent some wanna be dickbag from sitting outside a bar and calling in everyone he thinks is driving drunk?

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
              That's BS. What's to prevent some wanna be dickbag from sitting outside a bar and calling in everyone he thinks is driving drunk?
              Or worse, the officer who is about to pull you over. "911 got a call"
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                Without Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) software/hardware how do they plan to getting around someone locking their phone as soon as they get pulled over?
                If you're acting the fool, keep a Dickey's 32oz cup full of water that you can toss your phone into.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  Or worse, the officer who is about to pull you over. "911 got a call"
                  So if I see a cop rolling down the street, I can place an anonymous call and have him stopped and a DWI check?
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I never understood the protective attitude that the city has towards police. Are they afraid the whole police force will go on strike?
                    WH

Comment

"You shouldn't have anything to hide"
                      Originally posted by Buzzo
                      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        So if I see a cop rolling down the street, I can place an anonymous call and have him stopped and a DWI check?
                        What a stupid question. You are acting like Police officers are placing these calls to 911 to obtain PC for a traffic stop. Police are the ones responding to citizens calling in. Power to the people right??? That's what you are always preaching.

Comment

Originally posted by hustleman View Post
                          What a stupid question. You are acting like Police officers are placing these calls to 911 to obtain PC for a traffic stop. Police are the ones responding to citizens calling in. Power to the people right??? That's what you are always preaching.
                          If the police are okay with stopping someone because of an anonymous call then they have to be okay with them being the target of some of those anonymous calls. Equal protection under the law, right? Cops should refuse to do this at all. A random call does not equal PC. Also, can you tell me there are going to be zero cops making these calls to stop people they otherwise wouldn't be able to? I mean it's not like cops haven't been known to look up confidential information to hunt ex's down or anything.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                          X