Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ E Z Rock dead

Searched and found nothing.

As first reported by Rolling Stone, DJ E-Z Rock, the legendary hip-hop producer behind the chart-topping hit "It Takes Two," died Sunday, April 27, at 46. The cause of death is currently unknown.

Born Rodney Bryce, DJ E-Z Rock was one-half of a Harlem hip-hop duo, which included his longtime friend Rob Base. The pair reached hip-hop acclaim with their debut album, "It Takes Two," the title track being their most successful record, reaching No. 3 on the Billboard Hot Dance/Club Songs chart, and propelling them to headlining status. The song has sampled several times by artists such as Snoop Dogg, Gang Starr and Girl Talk, and has been featured in numerous soundtracks from films, TV shows and video games.

While E-Z Rock was not featured on Rob Base's 1989 album, "The Incredible Base," the duo reunited again for their final record, "Break of Dawn," released in 1994. Rob Base posted a photo on Instagram in honor of E-Z Rock's passing. "R.I.P Skip (DJ E-Z Rock) my friend. My brother," he wrote. Read more about E-Z Rock's legacy at Rolling Stone.

Who?

Comment

Quien?

Comment

LOL...I just downloaded "It Takes 2" and "Joy and Pain"...high school dance memories..
        Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
        I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

Singularly, one of the most annoying songs ever.

Comment

Dunno about "ever"...macharena or whatever the fuck that song was and that dumb teenage girl who sang about Friday or Monday or whatever day made her vag hurt...

whats the fox say?

yeah - there are plenty out there that are far worse..
            Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
            I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

Find, we'll go with "of the 80's."

Comment

I was going to post that here Monday, but figure only 2-3 people would even know who he is, and even less would care...

Comment

Awe man, RIP!

Those Rob Base songs are awesome in a "not meant to be taken too seriously" kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Singularly, one of the most annoying songs ever.
                    Annoying and stupid as hell
                    WH

Comment

Working...
                    X