No announcement yet.

Most hated craft beers thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPA's aren't "tasty" but most have quite a bit of alcohol in them 6-8+%. As far as craft beers go that are overrated...all Real Ale beers are half assed attempts at making a certain type of beer.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Above about 7%, beer loses one of the factors that I consider essential. I want a beer to be refreshing and thirst quenching. Chimay red label is pricey, but it's a higher ABV @ 7% that I can guzzle.

The high ABV IPA's just come off as overly bitter and dry to me.

On the actual topic of the thread, most wheat/heffe weisen offerings from most domestic brewers just fall way short and seem watered down flavor-wise to me
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        Above about 7%, beer loses one of the factors that I consider essential. I want a beer to be refreshing and thirst quenching. Chimay red label is pricey, but it's a higher ABV @ 7% that I can guzzle.

The high ABV IPA's just come off as overly bitter and dry to me.

On the actual topic of the thread, most wheat/heffe weisen offerings from most domestic brewers just fall way short and seem watered down flavor-wise to me
        Live Oak Hef out of Austin and Blood n Honey from Burleson (I believe) are amazing. Blood n Honey is also around 8% ABV I was told.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
        X