No announcement yet.

Most hated craft beers thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't post in this thread because I like them all.
    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
      I can't post in this thread because I like them all.
      Stop being such a hipster! Beer is too popular because of people like you! You're ruining the movement, asshole! Dislike something now, damnit!

Comment

Anything IPA. That shit is nasty, IMO.

Comment

Ok, Sam Adams Anniversary Triple Bock, it tastes like skunk pussy.

A couple years ago (2008?) a roommate brought home something different from the local suds shop. He has eclectic tastes in beer, sometimes coming home with Leinenkugel Berry Weiss, and other times bringing back a decent Scotch ale to share. This time, despite his best intentions, he found possibly the worst beer I’ve ever come across: the Sam Adams Triple Bock. At the time, I didn’t do much online research on beer, so we had no idea what we were in for.

Here is some background: Unbeknownst to us, my roommate purchased a 15-year-old bottle of beer “on sale.” the Triple bock was brewed once, and then released in three separate vintages (1994, 1995, 1997). Some people credit the beer with starting the “extreme” beer movement, and at one point it was the strongest beer in the world at 17.5%. Apparently at one point it was also an interesting and intriguing brew, if you look around on the net, you can find some favorable reviews, mostly a few years after the beer’s release. Apparently Sam Adams made way too much of it, and now it is just extremely bad.

The Triple Bock poured like cold molasses. When we opened the bottle and turned it upside down, nothing happened at first. The beer challenged physics. The appearance was nice enough, thick, black, viscous. And then the aroma ruined everything: Rotten Asian food. And not the good, intentionally rotten funk of fish sauce (which is delicious), but the bottle of soy sauce that you find at the back of the bottom shelf at your local, slightly spooky Asian grocery store that was brewed around the time the Chairman’s little red book was first making its debut. And then we tasted it. Again, like soy sauce, but linked in unholy union with maple syrup. You know what? I don’t want to think about it anymore. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I still finished it though.
          Ded

Comment

I tried some gluten free beer that was horrid... Not sure how you make beer glutten free, but it tasted like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              Can't agree.
              Dogfish Head 90minute IPA is amazing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                I tried some gluten free beer that was horrid... Not sure how you make beer glutten free, but it tasted like shit.
                You can't, it's a non distilled spirit that's been carbonated. If it's not made with malted barley it's not beer by most definitions.

Comment

Some IPA's are decent, but most are absolutely horrid.

Its like there is some kinda of race to make the most hoppy tasting swill and they are busting down doors to do it. A beer is about balance and IPA's are so lopsided its like drinking veggie vomit.

pic in fact:

Comment

I'm willing to give IPA's another shot, but none I've had are worth a fuck. I'll give the dogfish head a shot.

Any recommendations Chris?

Comment

This.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I'm willing to give IPA's another shot, but none I've had are worth a fuck. I'll give the dogfish head a shot.

Any recommendations Chris?
                        Fuzzy Baby Duck from New England.

Comment

I hate nearly all IPA as well.

On a second note the KCCO black lager was a let down. Not sure why I expected great from the chive, so maybe that's my fault. However it was far from the worst I've had.

Comment

I love IPA's!

Comment

I love ipa I can't get enough of them.
                              Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                                Can't agree.
                                Dogfish Head 90minute IPA is amazing.
                                If you can't find it their Burton Baton is the same beer but barrel aged. Of course if you do find the 120 jump all over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X