Matt's friend shoots innocent bystander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    How is shooting a person 6 times aggravated or felony assault? Sounds to me like a clean cut case of attempted murder.. The fact that he was a police officer should make the charge even worse...like maybe attempted Capital Murder....the same charge that the average person would face if they shot a cop 6 times.
    Aggravated Assault is easier to prove.

You would have to prove intent to kill the person for the Attempted Murder charge.

Comment

^^^^^

Wouldn't you consider hitting the guy 6 times a nice grouping? Hence intent.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
        ^^^^^

Wouldn't you consider hitting the guy 6 times a nice grouping? Hence intent.

I'm not arguing, because I think any time you shoot at someone that proves intent, but that's not the way the lawyers intrepret it.

The elements of the offense of Aggravated Assault are easier to prove than Attempted Murder.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          I'm not arguing, because I think any time you shoot at someone that proves intent, but that's not the way the lawyers intrepret it.

The elements of the offense of Aggravated Assault are easier to prove than Attempted Murder.
          Add in the supernatural training every police officer receives in the academy and the incredible powers bestowed by the badge and open handed slapping someone should be attempted murder when it's done by a LEO. I mean, you were a high school football player and evidently spend a lot of time in the boxing ring trying to entice other guys to join you. That has to account for something.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Add in the supernatural training every police officer receives in the academy and the incredible powers bestowed by the badge and open handed slapping someone should be attempted murder when it's done by a LEO. I mean, you were a high school football player and evidently spend a lot of time in the boxing ring trying to entice other guys to join you. That has to account for something.
            Your meds are showing.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              Your meds are showing.
              So is your badge.
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
              X