Matt's friend shoots innocent bystander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt's friend shoots innocent bystander

New York City police officer Brendan Cronin isn’t just given to drinking, driving and shooting (not necessarily in that order), but he’s also one of the luckiest sons o’ guns we know. As reported by nydailynews.com, the heavily inebriated Cronin squeezed off 13 shots at a passenger in a nearby car the other evening. Despite being blitzed, Cronin managed to hit his target six times, far above the average for a member of the NYPD who discharges his gun. Perhaps more Big Apple flatfoots (flatfeet?) should knock back a shot or two before heading out on patrol. For the sake of innocent bystanders, of course. Unfortunately, Cronin was driving at the time . . .

No one’s quite sure what precipitated Cronin launching lead at Joe “The Truck” Felice who was on his way home from a hockey game. Unfortunately, Cronin was apparently too far gone to actually remember the incident after the fact. They say God watches over small children and drunks. The big guy upstairs must have been on duty that night when some of Cronin’s fellow officers tracked him down after he’d driven away from the scene of the shooting.

Shortly after the shooting, Cronin was pulled over by Pelham police after motorists called 911 calls about a man drunk driving while flashing his hazard lights.

As the officer pulls Cronin over, the 27-year-old cop takes out his 9-mm Glock, which was empty, and holds it out the window.

Cops retrieved the weapon without incident.

What are the odds of a typical motorist — one who’d been driving erratically — who sticks a gun out the window of his car walking away from a traffic stop in New York with the same number of orifices he started with? We’re not sure we can count that high, but Cronin might want to play the lottery. It appears he’ll need the cash to pay his attorney.

Felice is reportedly in stable condition. Cronin’s facing assault and DWI charges and joins Detective Jay Poggi as our second drunk NYPD IGOTD awardee in a week.

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Lmao at only assualt after he shoots a guy 6 times.

Comment

But they get punished, right? I mean, if I got drunk and took potshots at a cop that'd be simple assault, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        But they get punished, right? I mean, if I got drunk and took potshots at a cop that'd be simple assault, right?
        We all mess up sometime!
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

bystander
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

hehe
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              He got charged with "Felony assault" . That would be aggravated assault here in Texas and the appropriate charge. No special treatment..They even charged the misdemeanor DWI offense... He's an idiot drunk and got charged like any other citizen...

Comment

lol.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

In all fairness to Matt I seriously doubt that he would be friends with a yankee despite said yankee being a police officer.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Evidently I'm buddies with Hasan so fair is fair. Question stands. If I get drunk and open fire on a cop, do I get the same charge?

Comment

^^^^^
                      The officer in the story would not have survived his arrest in our lovely state and it is unlikely that you would either given the same circumstances.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                        ^^^^^
                        The officer in the story would not have survived his arrest in our lovely state and it is unlikely that you would either given the same circumstances.
                        Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                          He got charged with "Felony assault" . That would be aggravated assault here in Texas and the appropriate charge. No special treatment..They even charged the misdemeanor DWI offense... He's an idiot drunk and got charged like any other citizen...
                          How is shooting a person 6 times aggravated or felony assault? Sounds to me like a clean cut case of attempted murder.. The fact that he was a police officer should make the charge even worse...like maybe attempted Capital Murder....the same charge that the average person would face if they shot a cop 6 times.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                            How is shooting a person 6 times aggravated or felony assault? Sounds to me like a clean cut case of attempted murder.. The fact that he was a police officer should make the charge even worse...like maybe attempted Capital Murder....the same charge that the average person would face if they shot a cop 6 times.
                            This what I was getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post

Agg Assault likely holds the same penalty range as attempted murder in NY. Just like in Texas, Agg Assault is a 2nd degree felony. Murder is 1st degree felony. Any attempted crime is one lower charge. Thus Attempted Murder is a 2nd degree felony. Agg Assault is easy to prove up in court since you have to deal with culpability/intent and it holds the same penalty.

Secondly, I'm sure he was not in uniform therefore if the other person would have shot him six times it would not be considered attempted Capital murder either. Just look at it that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X