law enforcement inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• law enforcement inside...

Okay, here is the deal. Watched yesterday a person kick open the front door of the house across from us, and proceed to start bringing stuff out to the porch where he was gathering it to steal. I had seen the native carrying stuff down the street for about an hour before, but didn't notice where he was getting it from, just thought he was a hood rat carrying chairs and end tables from somewhere. Anyways, we (my wife and I) actually saw him boot the door ope this time. We call the local police, they show up pretty quickly, and as the officer is walking up to the door out comes the burglar carrying some more loot out. Officer secures him, searches him, backup arrives, they all three bullshit for a while.

About five minutes later, they LET THE FUCKER WALK! They let the fucker go, while having two eye witnesses along with the cop seeing the guy carrying shit out of the house that he just had broken into. I went and asked them WTF was going on, I was the one that called them, and that I was curious as to why this fucking thief was not getting arrested. I was told that because the owner of the house was not there and could not be immediately contacted, they had no one that could press charges on the spot, so they cold do nothing. NOW, this sounds like some lazy fucking bullshit to me, but seriously, is this the letter of the law?

Oh yeah, the officers did say that if I was that worried about it, I could go over there and nail plywood over the doors and windows to help keep the natives out. WTF...

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

why didnt you shoot him?

Comment

Not sure about the letter of the law, but it sure sounds like bullshit to me.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Where in the hell was this?
        sigpic

Comment

They should have at least tased him before turning him loose.

Comment

That doesn't seem right, catch a fkn thief redhanded and then let him go, WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by WildBill View Post
              Where in the hell was this?
              Originally posted by stevo View Post
              Okay, here is the deal. Watched yesterday a person kick open the front door of the house across from us,
              Stevo
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Oh yeah, I wanted to add, this happened at about 3:30 in the afternoon, broad-fucking-daylight. This fucking aboriginal-looking troglodyte had the nerve to do it in the daylight, and it looks like he got away with it. Bullshit. I swear if one bounces over my fence you will be seeing this shit on the news.

Stevo

Comment

If they were unable to contact the owner of the house that is true. Can not have a crime if there is no victim. Now i would of exercised every option for a really long time in an attempt to get the owner of the house there. Like go in the house and look for numbers of family or friends to contact to try to get a hold of the owners. Sounds like something is missing from this story. I'm sure they identified the subject, so as long as the owner finally contacts the police and a report is completed they can file an at large warrant for the subjects arrest.

As for the burglary taking place in daylight... This is when most burglarys take place. Theives know that good people are at work so not worried about waking them up and being shot.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    Stevo
                    I don't 'member where's you stays foo!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hustleman View Post
                      If they were unable to contact the owner of the house that is true. Can not have a crime if there is no victim. Now i would of exercised every option for a really long time in an attempt to get the owner of the house there. Like go in the house and look for numbers of family or friends to contact to try to get a hold of the owners. Sounds like something is missing from this story. I'm sure they identified the subject, so as long as the owner finally contacts the police and a report is completed they can file an at large warrant for the subjects arrest.

As for the burglary taking place in daylight... This is when most burglarys take place. Theives know that good people are at work so not worried about waking them up and being shot.
                      Pretty much accurate, but one can be creative in ascertaining the victim's identity. They could have transported him to a detective for interview, checked for outstanding warrants, and a few other things to make the detention last long enough to contact the victim and verify that this person did not have permission to enter and take any property.

You can enter to check for any victims (crooks have been known to harm home owners) and while in there, check for phone numbers, names on mail, etc... You can also check the location for past reports and get info from them, or the tax appraisal district.

It sounds like these officers didn't do everything possible, but this is just me armchair quarterbacking when I wasn't there.

If it was a valid burglary, it's a felony offense and no warrant is required.

Comment

We gave them the owners phone number, they called it, left a message I believe.

Oh, and for the record Bill, it is Longview. East Texas.

Stevo

Comment

shit. where in longview?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMCev View Post
                            shit. where in longview?
                            Near LeTourneau U.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMCev View Post
                              shit. where in longview?
                              Eabus Tebus....................MushMouth for East Texas.

No wonder Steve!!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X