Well, I took the plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I took the plunge

My girlfriend and I have been together for 4 years now. Things have been great, we get along great, share the same interests and some of the same passions. She has supported me throuvh ups and downs, as I have her. We are finally both in a good place with work, which has made home life much better. We started the process to buy our first house together a few months ago. We should close on the house by next Friday. Along with that I decided it was time to take the next step and propose. After some searching and some help from dasVWbabe I put together the perfect ring and then planned out the proposal. A friend of mine was playing in Commerce last Friday, so I got in touch with him and arranged for him to play her favorite song at the restaurant. I invited 10 of our friends so that it was just an impromptu dinner before the show and that Zane might show up to say hello. Ring and girlfriend in tow we headed for the restaurant in Commerce. The Irony of Cody Johnson's "Diamond in my pocket" blaring as she jammed on the way there. Friends assembled, dinner ordered and Zane (Williams) showed up. Hung out, shared some laughs then I encouraged him to break out his guitar (as planned) he serenaded the group with "Ride with me" and as he worked through the last verse

"I've been thinking all day that life is a highway we all travel on
    The one that I wanna see sittin in the seat when I make these dreams come true, its you, its you, its you..."

And I leaned over and asked if she had a heart of gold (a reference to diamond in my pocket) she looked confused so I pulled out the ring and zane started into the chorus and I asked if she would ride with me.

Cheesy, I know, but she loved it. We have video floating around somewhere. Some of you who are my facebook friend may have seen it.

The ring

On her finger

Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Congrats man!

Comment

Congrats! My wife and I are about to celebrate 5yrs...
      Figured I would throw in the positive before all the "don't do its" start coming your way

Comment

Sounds like a legit proposal! My wife and I were just talking one day and we were like "lets get married" lol.

Congrits and biscuits!
        Ded

Comment

Congrats Russell!!

Comment

Congrats.

We are about to hit year 6. Man its a good thing I don't have to keep getting her anniversary gifts.

Comment

Congrats homie. These two have more than 4 years under their belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                Congrats homie. These two have more than 4 years under their belt.
                Eh. We were together for a while many years back. Seriously together for 4 years. It took a while to find ourselves and the road led back to each other.

I am amazed I was able to keep this whole thing under wraps. I will see if I can get the video posted to youtube tonight.

Comment

That's pretty cool. Did you also bring along a little courage in a Coleman cooler??

And congrats! Be patient in the planning cuz that will destroy it lol
                  07 f250-family truckster
                  08 Denali -baby hauler
                  52 f1-rust bucket
                  05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                  livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Congrats man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                      That's pretty cool. Did you also bring along a little courage in a Coleman cooler??

And congrats! Be patient in the planning cuz that will destroy it lol
                      The restaurant served alcohol. But I did it stone cold sober. I was a little nervous at first. I knew the answer, but I didn't want to screw it up. Once Zane started playing, my nerves calmed and it was no big deal. I didn't get down on a knee, which I should have, however, with our history and as much as music and Zane have been a part of our journey, I don't think it could have gone any better!

Comment

Oh, and any of you who are thinking about proposing, talk to VWbabe first. She saved me a lot of headache, time, and money. I got a TREMENDOUS value with her assistance!

Comment

Pics of the fiance?
                          congrats, also.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats but she ownz your nut sack now

Comment

Working...
                              X