Bob Hoskins 1942 - 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Hoskins 1942 - 2014

British actor Bob Hoskins, best known for films such as Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Long Good Friday, dies of pneumonia at the age of 71.

Bob Hoskins dies of pneumonia aged 71

Actor Bob Hoskins, who was best known for roles in The Long Good Friday and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, has died of pneumonia at the age of 71.

His agent said he died on Tuesday in hospital, surrounded by family.

The star won a Bafta and was Oscar nominated in 1987 for crime drama Mona Lisa, in which he starred opposite Sir Michael Caine and Robbie Coltrane.

He announced he was retiring from acting in 2012 after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

"We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Bob," the actor's wife Linda and children Alex, Sarah, Rosa and Jack said in a statement.

"Bob died peacefully at hospital last night surrounded by family, following a bout of pneumonia.

"We ask that you respect our privacy during this time and thank you for your messages of love and support."
    sigpic

wasnt he the bad guy in Jet Li's "Unleashed"?
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

RISP Detective Valiant

Comment

Sucks. I watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit a couple months ago for the first time since probably the early 90's, and it still holds up pretty well. Even the animation interaction is pretty decent considering when it was released.('89?)

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Sucks. I watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit a couple months ago for the first time since probably the early 90's, and it still holds up pretty well. Even the animation interaction is pretty decent considering when it was released.('89?)
          same, and Jessica rabbit still makes me want to play patty cake with her.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Damn, RIP

Comment

Right in the childhood memories....Eddie Valiant, Smee, and Mario.

R.i.p. Bob.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
              "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

A bit of trivia, but Bob Hoskins was originally slated to play Wolverine in the X-Men.

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                  Mario.

R.i.p. Bob.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                  X