Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

We are at $1384 out of our goal of $2000!! Please donate $20 today and help us move into the top 5 families in our area!! Only 7 days left! You know you won't miss $20! Thank you Donate here ->>

Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Done! I thought I'd already done this, but I guess it slipped my mind.

Comment

Thank you, Bryan!!
      Token Split Tail

You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

no.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
          no.
          Well, fuck you very much.
          Token Split Tail

Comment

Thank you, everyone!! We are less than $300 away from our goal!!
            Token Split Tail

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
              Well, fuck you very much.

Now, that's not very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                Now, that's not very nice.
                Haha. We're in 3rd and only about $240 from our goal! Please donate today! If we make our goal, I promise I won't mention it again until next year! :-P
                Token Split Tail

Comment

Excellent album.

Comment

They have a new president/CEO since 2013, but I can't find any salary information on her. Take a look at the salary and practices of the former CEO though.... If they have changed their ways, then great, but I have a difficult time giving up my hard earned cash to support a greedy piece of shit and a company that devotes more money to "administrative expenses" ($11,606,418) than research ($10,737,435).

Dr. John H. Klippel, Arthritis Foundation CEO: $432,083

Jack Klippel has done well in the last six years at the Atlanta-based Arthritis Foundation, nearly doubling his total compensation as the organization’s revenue has fallen by about half.

Klippel’s total compensation history, courtesy of The Chronicle of Philanthropy:

2000 — $178,334 as medical director
                    2003 — $221,680 as CEO
                    2004 — $287,016 as president
                    2005 — $345,838 as CEO
                    2006 — $351,704 as CEO
                    2007 — $378,095 as CEO
                    2008 — $432,083 as CEO

The Foundation brought in $122 million in 2004, the Chronicle reported. By 2008, income was down to $62 million.

The Arthritis Foundation earned a two-star rating (out of a possible 4 stars) from Charity Navigator, an organization that assesses the financial health of America’s non-profit groups. Charity Navigator noted that the Arthritis Foundation spent 4.5 percent more in 2008 than the previous year, while bringing in 5.3 percent less money.

An independent compensation consultant issued an “unreserved opinion that the base salaries and total compensation provided to the Foundation’s ten senior management executives, including the CEO, meet all standards of reasonableness and are not excessive,” the foundation reported in its 2008 tax filing.

The foundation in 2008 paid a direct-mail fund-raiser $11.4 million — 66 percent of all the money it collected on the foundation’s behalf, tax records show.

Dr. Klippel retired 10 years ago from the federal government with more than 25 years’ service. His last job there was as clinical director of the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases.

By Associated Pressupdated Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 12:10am

ATLANTA — Several employees are being laid off at the Arthritis Foundation's national headquarters in Atlanta.

This week, 26 administrative workers were laid off, WSB-TV reported (http://bit.ly/ZwmlBP ). That amounts to nearly 20 percent of the staff at the nonprofit's headquarters.

The foundation has struggled financially for years, but the foundation's federal tax returns show that CEO John Klippel got a $70,000 bonus in 2011 and has a salary and benefit package of more than $508,000, the television station reported.

The layoffs were in the best interest of donors to the foundation, which is trying to better focus on its mission and position itself for growth, Klippel said.

"At the top it looks comfortable, and then as you look deeper down the tree, we're in trouble, said Dorothy Glasser, who has served on the foundation's regional board for many years.

"We don't want to jeopardize our grant funding by this horrible, business operational blunder that has occurred," she added.
                    ATLANTA - Several employees are being laid off at the Arthritis Foundation's national headquarters in Atlanta. This week, 26 administrative workers were laid off, WSB-TV reported ( http://bit.ly/Zw…

Comment

I see your concern. All I know is they have done amazing things for my daughter and other JA families I know. They provide informative family weekends where doctors, therapists and other support staff come and openly talk to parents and give us the most current information on research and developments. They also host camps for kids with JA with no cost to the parents. This is a week-long fll expense paid camp where kids learn more about their issues and how to deal with them, as well as meeting other kids with JA.

They've done great things for us and we feel obligated to help them back.
                      Token Split Tail

Comment

On local level

Like Leah's family I deal with Arthritis Foundation almost on a daily basis and all the folks I have worked with on the local level work hard at hustling up folks and businesses to donate equipment and supplies for our local events took keep more of the funds raised going to where it is needed most, the families.
                        I am the Logistics Chair for the North Texas Arthritis Walk this weekend (volunteer position) and we are still trying to get a few last minute donated items needed so we don't have to spend previously donated funds... oh and get more volunteers.
                        No denying there is waste in every organization, I have seen some money spent that I thought was frivolous and wasteful.

Comment

"You're a lot of woman, you know that? Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?"

Comment

We are only $56 away from our goal!! Who wants to be 'that guy' for putting us over $2000??

For those of you who have donated, we cannot begin to express our gratitude and appreciation for your generosity. This has really become a part of our lives (uninvited, but here we are, nevertheless) and it means so much to us that you have taken your time, your hard earned money and put it towards something that means so much to us. Aly says you all rock and thanks for helping her kick arthritis' butt!
                            Attached Files
                            Token Split Tail

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                              We are only $56 away from our goal!! Who wants to be 'that guy' for putting us over $2000??
                              I submit! I tap out! No more mentioning it until next year now!

Comment

Working...
                              X