Best medium sized suv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best medium sized suv?

I am looking for the wife a new car to replace her 09 escape. She so far has it narrowed down to the acura mdx sh-awd, the Lexus rx350 f-sport, the BMW x35i, or the licoln mkt ecoboost awd. What else is out there that we should look at that we might be missing?
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Ford Edge? New Cherokee?

I will say that we absolutely love the SH-AWD in our TL. Haven't driven an MDX though.

Comment

Jeep wagoneer

Comment

minivan

Comment

My wife loves her edge sport, they had a sweet black on black edge im grapevine with aftermarket rims

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Ford Edge? New Cherokee?

I will say that we absolutely love the SH-AWD in our TL. Haven't driven an MDX though.
            No on the edge or Cherokee, they are too small and not nice enough. We went and drove the new citadel Durango and the upland or whatever grand cherokee and I liked it but she didnt. Chrysler interiors honestly dont compare to anything we have looked at so far, they are crap. the citidel with the 5.7 Hemi fully loaded was a nice car. I liked the way it drove, I liked almost everything except the cheap ass plastic interior. For 55-60k i would expect more, it was the worst interior of any suv made.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Traverse
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

We are looking for something bigger than the edge. The only 5 seater she really has considered is the Lexus and x3, something along the size of the explorer and Acadia and mdx.. we almost got an explorer sport but she doesnt like that it only comes with the metal trim, she wants wood. Car shopping with women is rediculous..
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                  No on the edge or Cherokee, they are too small and not nice enough. We went and drove the new citadel Durango and the upland or whatever grand cherokee and I liked it but she didnt. Chrysler interiors honestly dont compare to anything we have looked at so far, they are crap. the citidel with the 5.7 Hemi fully loaded was a nice car. I liked the way it drove, I liked almost everything except the cheap ass plastic interior. For 55-60k i would expect more, it was the worst interior of any suv made.
                  I wasn't recommending them, fyi, just trying to offer up "what else was out there".

I don't think there are any "new" luxury mid-sized SUV's I really like much at all.

Comment

I will know tomorrow but it looks like we might get the mdx
                    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

We are looking for something bigger than the edge. The only 5 seater she really has considered is the Lexus and x3, something along the size of the explorer and Acadia and mdx.. we almost got an explorer sport but she doesnt like that it only comes with the metal trim, she wants wood. Car shopping with women is rediculous..
                      Have you considered an Escalade (non ESV)? I know you said mid size, but being not much larger, they really are pretty nice. 2014 anyhow, the 15's haven't grown on me yet.

Comment

That makes no sense. The Lexus and x3 are both smaller than the Edge.

The only other CUVs in that size range that I can think of are the Mercedes ML and GL, the BMW X5, VW Toureg, Audi A7, Porsche Cayenne, Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander. The new Nissan Rogue is a bit smaller but has gotten some really good reviews. The Mazda CX9 is also out there but a bit long of tooth. It is based on the Ford Edge platform but is longer.

In the X3 size range is the Mercedes GLK. My wife got one and loves it. Great interior too. 302 HP, RWD or AWD, 7speed auto and even offers paddle shifters.. There is a $2500 USAA discount and I got them to take another $3000 off the sticker for ours.. PM me if you want to know who our sales guy was. I wanted her to get the ML or GL but she wanted something smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                          That makes no sense. The Lexus and x3 are both smaller than the Edge.

The only other CUVs in that size range that I can think of are the Mercedes ML and GL, the BMW X5Lincoln ureg, Audi A7, Porsche Cayenne, Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander. The new Nissan Rogue is a bit smaller but has gotten some really good reviews. The Mazda CX9 is also out there but a bit long of tooth. It is based on the Ford Edge platform but is longer.

In the X3 size range is the Mercedes GLK. My wife got one and loves it. Great interior too. 302 HP, RWD or AWD, 7speed auto and even offers paddle shifters.. There is a $2500 USAA discount and I got them to take another $3000 off the sticker for ours.. PM me if you want to know who our sales guy was. I wanted her to get the ML or GL but she wanted something smaller.
                          I know it makes no sense lol she wants a 7 seater unless she thinks its cute, im just trying to show her options under 65k! I like the x3 and we are going to go drive one tomorrow. Along with the lincoln mkt and we might go look at the Audi a5 and 7.
                          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Range rover evoque. Obviously you're trying to make a statement by picking a "luxury" SUV, so do it right and go range rover.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Range rover evoque. Obviously you're trying to make a statement by picking a "luxury" SUV, so do it right and go range rover.
                              That's actually pretty nice looking and cheaper than I would have expected. Really small though.

Comment

Working...
                              X