Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Governor responds to NJ criticism of pot laws

lawlz.

DENVER - The Colorado governor's office is responding to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's criticism of Colorado for its pot shops and legalized marijuana.

Monday, Christie was asked on a New Jersey radio station about legalizing marijuana. He responded, "For the people who are enamored with the idea with the income, the tax revenue from this, go to Colorado and see if you want to live there."

Gov. Hickenlooper's office defended Colorado and said many people want to live here.

"A lot of people think Colorado is great place to live, work and play. Plus, we have a pretty awesome quality of life. But don’t take just our word for it … for example:

America’s Top States for Business
    # 7 Colorado
    #42 New Jersey

The Best State for Business and Careers
    #5 Colorado
    #32 New Jersey

Is your state creating jobs and economic growth?
    #14 in economic performance, Colorado
    #33 in economic performance, New Jersey
    #2 for innovation and entrepreneurship, Colorado
    #14 for innovation and entrepreneurship, New Jersey
    #8 for business climate, Colorado
    #49 for business climate, New Jersey

The States of Our Union ... Are Not All Strong / We ranked all 50, from fabulous to failed.
    #7 Colorado
    #12 New Jersey

Find Out How Your Community Measures Up / State ranks
    #7 Colorado
    #23 New Jersey

Top State Technology and Science
    #4 Colorado
    #15 New Jersey"

Earlier this month, Christie said if people wanted legalized marijuana in New Jersey, they should elect a new governor.

"See if you want to live in a major city in Colorado where there's head shops popping up on every corner and people flying into your airport just to come and get high. To me, it's just not the quality of life we want to have here in the state of New Jersey and there's no tax revenue that's worth that," Christie said, according to KMBC.com.

USA Today reported that some forms of medical marijuana in New Jersey are legal, such as edible marijuana, but the law Christie signed last year applies only to children who have the approval of a physician and a psychiatrist.

NJ is such a fucking shit hole as it is. Christie is a certified retard.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
      NJ is such a fucking shit hole as it is. Christie is a certified retard.
      Exactly. With the exception of Ryan's girlfriend, I've never heard anyone want to live in NJ. It's so bad nobody even wants to go there.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Colorado's experiment will speak for itself, NJ's already has.

Comment

Not only is NJ a shit hole, but CO has to be the coolest state ever, weed or not. Go there and look at all the transplants. People make it their life mission to relocate to CO, and I'm one of them. I never hear anything like that for NJ.

That dude is an idiot!

Comment

Many years ago, New York took a shit and named it New Jersey
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              It was a runny shit at that.

Comment

You remember when we were there building/moving those AFSMs? That place is a shit hole. I used to live there for a few years in my pre-teens. Didn't like it then, didn't like it when I went back for that contracting gig, and you couldn't pay me enough to go back.

Comment

And that is the great thing about Federalism. Each state decides what works for them.
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    You remember when we were there building/moving those AFSMs? That place is a shit hole. I used to live there for a few years in my pre-teens. Didn't like it then, didn't like it when I went back for that contracting gig, and you couldn't pay me enough to go back.
                    yup... that was a decent stop actually. Always loved working with my old team. chinese food every day. my wife's best friend was up there and came to visit. we murdered all the Booker's and bacon burgers they had at the Elbow Room on a nightly basis, Adam was up in that part of the country and he and I met up for dinner, and IIRC, my birthday landed a couple days before I flew out, and you fuckers got me wrecked on Booker's at whatever that restaurant was LOL
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

yup... that was a decent stop actually. Always loved working with my old team. chinese food every day. my wife's best friend was up there and came to visit. we murdered all the Booker's and bacon burgers they had at the Elbow Room on a nightly basis, Adam was up in that part of the country and he and I met up for dinner, and IIRC, my birthday landed a couple days before I flew out, and you fuckers got me wrecked on Booker's at whatever that restaurant was LOL
                      That is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        Colorado's experiment will speak for itself, NJ's already has.
                        So what do you predict the outcome will be?

Comment

The only thing they do in Jersey that is helpful to the rest of the country is abortions .
                          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            It was a runny shit at that.
                            The kind that exploded upon impact.

Comment

We had to stop there on the high speed Amtrak going from DC to NYC. 30 seconds was enough for my wife and I to decide we never ever want to visit there.

I think the air was brown.

Comment

Working...
                              X