Nyc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nyc

anyone been to New York lately? The fam and i will be going next month for 3 days and are looking for family friendly things to do, so far we have the central park zoo, the toy store, and the candy store we are gonna go see, any other recommendations?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

forgot to add we need it to be somewhat close to penn station as we will be walking everywhere unless its a must see then we might get like a pedi cab or something

Comment

The cabs suck. Then again, the public transportation system is crazy, too. Central Park is the only thing I liked about NYC.

Comment

i dont think i took a cab once in NYC except to the airport and back when i went last fall. Ride the subways and walk and its great.

Should be a good time of year to go before it gets too hot. I went in October and it was perfect weather.

Comment

Yea the entire time we never took a cab aswell. Stuck to the subways and hoofed it a lot. World trade memorial, I believe the museum might be open now, not sure. We went to the top of Rockefeller center at night and it was pretty amazing seeing the city at night from up there.
          Last edited by 01yz2nv; 04-25-2014, 01:42 PM.
          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
          sigpic

Comment

Family friendly? Stay the hell out of NYC.

Comment

What's prompting the trip to NYC?

Comment

sister is graduating from college in Boston, then going to NY since we will never likely be up in that area again

Comment

we got a hotel about a mile away from penn station, seems that everything is less than 2 miles away so we will be walking alot

Comment

If you didn't catch it when it was touring here, Wicked is a permanent Broadway show that is the absolute best Broadway show I have ever seen.

I'd think it is kid friendly, but tickets can be a bit pricey. Stomp is pretty cool if your little ones are any type of acoustic fans. Most people describe it as "banging on stuff for an hour".

There is some sort of candy/hershey store in Times Square, that was pretty neat. Pretty much every flavor/color of M&M ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                      If you didn't catch it when it was touring here, Wicked is a permanent Broadway show that is the absolute best Broadway show I have ever seen.

I'd think it is kid friendly, but tickets can be a bit pricey. Stomp is pretty cool if your little ones are any type of acoustic fans. Most people describe it as "banging on stuff for an hour".

There is some sort of candy/hershey store in Times Square, that was pretty neat. Pretty much every flavor/color of M&M ever made.
                      cool thanks, my mom will be going so i can leave the kids with her for a night to catch that wicked show, lil wife and I time

Comment

just bought tickets to the show, u werent playing 120 a ticket is crazy for a stupid play

Comment

I spent six weeks in New York City, and for the most part it is very friendly everywhere you go. Just ride the subway wherever you go, and you'll find that there is a subway station pretty much everywhere. Just get into Penn Station and ask how to get to Chinatown to go eat. Lots of good cheap Chinese food and cheap souvenirs to buy. Go see the Freedom Tower, it will be absolutely worth your while to see the World Trade Center Memorial. Go down to Battery Park in lower Manhattan and you can ride the Staten Island Ferry for free. On the way back to Battery Park from Staten Island the view of New York City is the best that you're going to see as far as taking photos.

Comment

everything is going to be really close and easy to get to in New York City. Its just a few minutes subway subway ride away. So midtown Manhattan for the Empire State Building, although you might find that it's not worth the 2 hour wait in line,then go to the financial district to see Wall Street and the World Trade Center site, and then go to Upper Manhattan to see Central Park and 5th Avenue, go to the Rockefeller Center also it's really cool on the inside in the lobby all kinds of cool Mario's and stuff like that painted on the entire foyer wall...

whatever you do, do not a walk. The taxi cabs will run you right over!

Comment

do not eat at any of the chain restaurants, like TGI Fridays, the Hard Rock Cafe, Chili's, or any of that kind of crap. It is extremely expensive and they will charge you for every glass of iced tea they give you, after you teach them how to make iced tea that is .they don't seem to know what isn't. Is up there. But, like I say everybody is very helpful as far as telling you how to get to where you need to go in via subway.

Comment

Working...
                              X