N. Texas farmer says deputy shot, killed his dog without reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hustleman View Post
    Sounds like the Sheriff fired the deputy that shot this dog.
    you sure?

Comment

Don't sue the department. Sue the individual. When the department gets sued all the taxpayers are paying for it.
      2004 Suzuki DL650
      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Lawsuit is one thing, but I hope he can somehow press criminal charges, too. This overzealous scumbag needs a record, and I'd love to see his right to own a firearm stripped away.

Comment

I donated to this dude's cause. I hope he nails that bastard to the wall. That shit ain't sitting easy with me.

Comment

Send that cop over here. I got a job for him to do. Maybe I'm desensitized due to frequent occurances of dog shootings. And I got a bunch of targets for him

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
              you sure?
              Channel 4 reported that last night. Interviewed the sheriff, who said there might be criminal animal cruelty charges filed to.

Comment

Channel 4 reported that last night. Interviewed the sheriff, who said there might be criminal animal cruelty charges filed to.
                Good!

Comment

Hell-mothafuckin-yeah!

Now's the time to find this SOB and put a hurting on him. Physically, finacially, or both.

Comment

I'm so popular! Look at the tags!!!!

I've only used OC twice, and it worked both times. Most officers don't understand that you might get hurt doing this job, and don't accept the risk. Someone would have to be in the process of suffering serious injury before I could justify a shooting.

Last week we had a Pitt Bull climb a fence, kill a German shepherd, and climb back into his yard. It was crazy. When animal control came for the Pitt, they were going to tranq it instead of fighting it, but the dog rolled over on its back and was the most friends thing. People friendly/dog aggressive.

The dog even jumped into the back of the AC truck.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                      I heard they were declining med school applications based on the same ruling???

Comment

They fired him.
                        Ded

Comment

He had to put his own dog down after the coward shot the dog

Rookie Texas deputy fired after shooting farm dog

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 8:13 AM CST Updated: Apr 25, 2014 8:13 AM CST

POINT, Texas (AP) - A rookie East Texas sheriff's deputy has been fired after shooting a farm dog during a burglary call and the owner then euthanized his critically wounded pet.

Rains County Sheriff David Traylor on Thursday fired Deputy Jerrod Dooley after the department received threats. Traylor says Dooley, who was hired less than six months ago, used bad judgment and was terminated for his own safety.

Dooley didn't immediately comment Friday.

Dooley on April 18 answered a burglary call near Point. Patrol car video shows a blue heeler in the bed of a parked truck. Dooley is later heard telling owner Cole Middleton that the dog charged him and he shot the animal.

Middleton screams as Dooley apologizes and refuses to kill the wounded dog.

Middleton later drowned his dog named Candy.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Rains County deputy that killed dog hires attorney

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 5:03 PM CST Updated: Apr 25, 2014 5:04 PM CST
                            By: Fil Alvarado - bioemail

The former Rains County deputy fired for shooting and killing a dog during a burglary call has hired an attorney.

Ex-deputy Jerrod Dooley was visibly emotional during a press conference with his attorney Pete Schulte.

"I wish I could take his hurt away I can't begin to imagine how bad it hurts. I hear her yelp every night before I go to bed. Probably not a minute goes by I don't think about it," Dooley said.

Schulte said as a former police officer himself, he believes the shooting of the Candy was justified.

Dooley said although the Australian blue heeler was barking as he drove up with his dash cam rolling, he believed the dog was friendly.

Candy was in the back of owner Cole Middleton's pick up and Dooley said it wasn't until he got out of his patrol unit that the dog jumped out of the pickup and charged him.

Gunshots cannot be heard on the dash cam video but you can hear the dog cry out after it was shot.

Dooley said he fired two shots – missing on the first attempt.

Dooley and his attorney said that first shot may have caused the dog to turn its head, explaining why it was shot in the back of the head.

Cole Middleton said neighbors only heard one gunshot, but he said if there were two shots, the first would have made candy retreat.

Schulte said Dooley had only been with the Rains Sheriff's Department a few months and he only received a day and a half of field training before he was put on patrol. Schulte believes that lack of training was a factor in the shooting.

Dallas news, headlines, weather, sports and traffic from KDFW FOX 4 News, serving Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas and the state of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              Most officers don't understand that you might get hurt doing this job, and don't accept the risk. Someone would have to be in the process of suffering serious injury before I could justify a shooting.
                              Agreed. And the most important part I believe, is the first sentence.

Comment

Justice for Candy Middleton shared a link.
                                21 hours ago

As we continue to fight for Justice for Candy by pursuing animal cruelty charges as well as illegal search and seizure (opening the doors to our house without permission). I think that Jayna and I have decided to use ANY money leftover, after all the legal ramifications, to bring attention to making police officers go through animal interaction training ( especially with that of dogs). We also feel that dogs that are wrongfully killed by police officers should be treated as dependents and not property! This must be a crime!!! This will ensure that any donation will not only help with Justice for Candy, but will hopefully provide new laws and requirements known as Candy's Law (or likewise). This way any $ donated will only and always be used for Candy's Justice. Thank you all, God Bless, and Justice for Candy!!!
                                Please check the URL and try again or, alternatively, you can browse fundraisers currently receiving the most donations worldwide below.

Comment

Working...
                                X