Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Good story!

What kinda OC? I emptied a can of some cheap shit on a great Pyranesse that was attacking my dog once, and it didn't seem to do too much.
    Weeeelllllll... The first squirting of OC did jack shit. He shook it off and gave me this look of "your Gunna die piggy..." so I sprayed until it was empty. That finally did it. It was Gals OC. Not very powerful stuff. But dogs have a much higher tolerance to OC then humans... that second or two squirting I gave that damn dog would have put me in the fetal position for the rest of the day lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
      I can't remember if I shared this but I have been in a cop vs dog scenario before.

Was on a burg alarm at a residence. While searching the exterior for broken windows or open doors, I met a lovely chow-boxer mix dog named Boss. It attacked and took a chunk outa my pants and my leg. Put my butt in the hospital. The dog? Got a face full of OC spray. I can't shoot a dog. I was in its domain. It was doing its job. The spray worked. And worked well. Was able to get back to the front yard and get ems. Was an interesting experience.
      I had a similar incident happen to me but from the home owners perspective. Back in early 2011 my dad spent 2 months in the hospital before he passed away. I was up there almost every day after work sometimes late into the evenings. I get a call from the alarm company that the door in my bedroom leading out to the balcony had been opened. I had use that door the day before and probably didn't shut it good and the wind might have blown it opened. I missed the first two calls from the alarm company and they dispatched the police to my house so I rushed home.

I pulled up to see a DPD car parked along the fence to my house with a couple of flashlights shining inside my yard. I yelled out to them a couple of times to get their attention as I didn't want to surprise them. That's when my dog ran out to them and rushed them. Fortunately the two officers were calm and backed off and my dog didn't charge them but he was very "excited". I let them out through the gate (they had jumped the fence) and I explained who I was and what had probably happened. They wanted to check out the house but I told them I was alright and thanked them for everything.

Anyway I was lucky they didn't shoot my dog and they remained calm. He can sometimes by intimidating.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      It just depends. Heelers can be pretty gritty. My male is extra picky about who he associates with, and he's 55lbs.
      My Heeler mix passed away a couple of months back. Great dog with a good temperament. He was overly protective of my niece and nephews especially when I played a little to rough with them. I rescued him from the pound probably ten years ago. Great dog and I would love to find another one like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
        I can't remember if I shared this but I have been in a cop vs dog scenario before.

Was on a burg alarm at a residence. While searching the exterior for broken windows or open doors, I met a lovely chow-boxer mix dog named Boss. It attacked and took a chunk outa my pants and my leg. Put my butt in the hospital. The dog? Got a face full of OC spray. I can't shoot a dog. I was in its domain. It was doing its job. The spray worked. And worked well. Was able to get back to the front yard and get ems. Was an interesting experience.
        See. You handled it like a normal man would without pulling your gun. There is no need to kill a dog to protect yourself. Maybe if it was a big, deranged, rabid dog, but not a 50lb dog.

These cops keep shooting dogs because they have an easy excuse and no consequences for it.
        Last edited by line-em-up; 04-24-2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Cool! I can defend myself against a threatening cop by shooting him too, huh? I mean, what's good for the goose, right?

Comment

Yet if a police K9 approaches you in a threatening manner and you shoot it....

Will one of the officers tell me what happens if I kill one of their dogs based on this standard?
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

That is a fucked up situation, I don't even like dogs and I wouldn't want to shoot one. These JBT's have plenty of weapons at the their disposal and having to pull a gun should be a last resort.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                Yet if a police K9 approaches you in a threatening manner and you shoot it....

Will one of the officers tell me what happens if I kill one of their dogs based on this standard?
                I believe it's murder of a police officer, isn't it?
                "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

they fired that filthy pig!!!

Dallas news, headlines, weather, sports and traffic from KDFW FOX 4 News, serving Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas and the state of Texas.

Comment

I hope he sues the fuck out of sheriff's office and the filthy pig personally.

Comment

Good. Fuck him.

Comment

Maybe this explains it?

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
                          I believe it's murder of a police officer, isn't it?
                          Last time I checked, yes. However a cop shooting a pet isn't the same as shooting the owner for some reason.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Hopefully that cop ends up the same way one day...

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                              Cool! I can defend myself against a threatening cop by shooting him too, huh? I mean, what's good for the goose, right?

Yes you can. Now proceed

Comment

Sounds like the Sheriff fired the deputy that shot this dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X