what's my ws6 formula worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
    The odometer is always broken on those cars. The odds of that having 58K original miles is crap.

I get what you're saying, but it's a good baseline. When you have auction prices around 7K, craigslist prices between 7K-10K, LS1tech prices going above 7K, it's a good bet that it's worth more than 5K.

Add in the fact that this is a one family car with known history, it's value is even higher. At $5,000, the only thing he is doing is letting a flipper make a killing off from him. I would gladly buy it at 5K, slap a clutch in it and resell it for a huge chunk of profit.
    we scanned it, actual miles. still needed at least a headgasket, and a lot of cleaning up and removing chrome accessories to be a nice car again. Bottom line, his car is likely worth a few more than $5k, but not seeing the car, we cant say how much.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      we scanned it, actual miles. still needed at least a headgasket, and a lot of cleaning up and removing chrome accessories to be a nice car again. Bottom line, his car is likely worth a few more than $5k, but not seeing the car, we cant say how much.
      5K wasn't bad on it then. Might have gotten stupid lucky and it only needed the system burped. Considering that I got $4800 for my 97 Cobra that wasn't in very good shape and had a crap ton more miles.

Comment

Post some pics

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          5K wasn't bad on it then. Might have gotten stupid lucky and it only needed the system burped. Considering that I got $4800 for my 97 Cobra that wasn't in very good shape and had a crap ton more miles.
          5k was insane.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

lolol

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
              I have decided to sell my Formula
              You've got a hard sell, Its a collectable but its in rough condition, and most collectors can get into a ws6 TA for not much more money and most likely find one with low mileage and no damage. And to the average joe blow they may not recognize it more than a firebird with a hood, and/or they are going wonder where the the TA spoiler is.

I would get a phs packet, and advertise it on ls1tech for the same price as ta ws6 and entertain anything that gets within the ball park

Unlock your car's history with PHS! Provide your VIN and order details for an information package, including a factory invoice, option decoding, dealer order form, and more.

And if its a 1le ws6 you may have something even more collectable, but I think gm stopped production of the 1le in 99

Comment

reliable checky wanted 27k for an ss with 40ish-k miles on it. highway robbery.

Comment

That is almost as crazy as a 18k Ranger! Lol

Comment

Ive had a hard time selling my 99 T/a 121k miles 6spd w/ram air hood new paint very clean car took $6k today for it!

Comment

You can get low mileage clean ones for 12 13k. 5 is fair

Comment

Someone is bringing money today. And I have not seen one for sale in a long time. Plenty of TAs or Formulas but no ws6 Formulas. I wonder how many of the 640 are still left. btw the car is not rough just needs the stuff listed to make it close to perfect. I am a painter and door dings bother the crap out of me. Most people don't see them in the white. Thanks for the input, I may have sold it a little cheap but it freed up space around here and I made a little on it. Hopefully it finds a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                          Ive had a hard time selling my 99 T/a 121k miles 6spd w/ram air hood new paint very clean car took $6k today for it!
                          Damn, that was a nice looking car.

Comment

No money yet. I'll still sell it for 5k firm. Just took it around the block. Kinda wish I didn't have so many projects going.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                              Still a formula. Not a TA. 78k TA ws6 went for 5100 on ls1 tech awhile back. 8k is giving it credit IMO. It's only worth what someone will pay in the end.
                              The ws6 Formula looks better than the TA, much cleaner lines without all of the extra body parts. Lighter also.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                                You've got a hard sell, Its a collectable but its in rough condition, and most collectors can get into a ws6 TA for not much more money and most likely find one with low mileage and no damage. And to the average joe blow they may not recognize it more than a firebird with a hood, and/or they are going wonder where the the TA spoiler is.

I would get a phs packet, and advertise it on ls1tech for the same price as ta ws6 and entertain anything that gets within the ball park

Unlock your car's history with PHS! Provide your VIN and order details for an information package, including a factory invoice, option decoding, dealer order form, and more.

And if its a 1le ws6 you may have something even more collectable, but I think gm stopped production of the 1le in 99
                                I think that I have the window sticker from when I bought it new.

Comment

Working...
                                X