what's my ws6 formula worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's my ws6 formula worth

I have decided to sell my Formula. I bought it new in '00 and sold it to my sister for my nephew to drive to college. He graduated a couple of years ago and I bought it back. It's a White/black cloth ws6 hardtop Formula w/ m6. When I ordered the car I was wanting a newer version of a fox body coupe. I ordered it with pw, pdl, c/d player w/ monsoon sound, and ws6. I found out later that they made a little over 200 in '00 and around 640 in all 3 years.

It's got 125k on it and needs a few things to make it very nice. Both qtrs. have a few door dings, gona need a clutch soon, one wheel needs polished, the dash was perfect just dry so I put some crap from oreileys on it and it cracked 2 weeks later, my nephew pulled the rear speakers to replace them and lost the black covers, interior is very nice other than that. It has an slp lid and cat back, original other than that.

I think 5k is a fair price for it the way it sits. Should I paint the qtrs. do a clutch, and fix the small stuff and ask 10. I can't even find another one for sale to see what it's worth.

btw, it went 13.20 at 106 bone stock when new.

5k sounds perfectly reasonable. I've never paid much attention to F-Body pricing, but being that rare I would think you could pull a few more thousand out of it.

Comment

Sheeeeit! Dems fox body mustang prices, but no mustang..

I'm in for tree fiddy!
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I bet you can get 10 if you fix everything.

I paid about 9ish for my 02 Vert SS with 106k miles.

Comment

I'll give you 5K cash now for the way it is.

Send me a PM.

I was z28ss21 on the old board.

Comment

Yeah, fbodies still bring a bunch. I'd invest a little and reap the benefits.
            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
              I think 5k is a fair price for it the way it sits.
              Originally posted by CLA View Post
              I'll give you 5K cash now for the way it is.
              There you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                There you go.
                I'll keep it and build it into a clean car. I wont flip it........if it matters.

Comment

I bought my 98 Formula M6 T-top with 165K miles and no A/C for $4800. $5k is a steal on a WS6. I wouldn't take a dime less than 7K for it the way it sits.

Comment

5 is fair. Painted and fixed 7-8. There are a ton of fbodys on CL that have been there forever at 6k.
                    07 f250-family truckster
                    08 Denali -baby hauler
                    52 f1-rust bucket
                    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                      5 is fair. Painted and fixed 7-8. There are a ton of fbodys on CL that have been there forever at 6k.

Not one single WS6 M6 on there for $6k. You can get the autos all day long for that price, but the M6 is a bitch to find, WS6 makes it even more so.

Edit:

And to my point. An 00 WS6 Formula went through manheim with 106K and average condition with an auto for $6900.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                        Not one single WS6 M6 on there for $6k. You can get the autos all day long for that price, but the M6 is a bitch to find, WS6 makes it even more so.

Edit:

And to my point. An 00 WS6 Formula went through manheim with 106K and average condition with an auto for $6900.
                        a 58k mile 98 cobra when through lakeside last night for $5k. It was overheating and had some vatozone chrome on it. Auction prices really dont mean dick, unless you know the back story.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post

Edit:

Still a formula. Not a TA. 78k TA ws6 went for 5100 on ls1 tech awhile back. 8k is giving it credit IMO. It's only worth what someone will pay in the end.
                          07 f250-family truckster
                          08 Denali -baby hauler
                          52 f1-rust bucket
                          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            a 58k mile 98 cobra when through lakeside last night for $5k. It was overheating and had some vatozone chrome on it. Auction prices really dont mean dick, unless you know the back story.
                            The odometer is always broken on those cars. The odds of that having 58K original miles is crap.

I get what you're saying, but it's a good baseline. When you have auction prices around 7K, craigslist prices between 7K-10K, LS1tech prices going above 7K, it's a good bet that it's worth more than 5K.

Add in the fact that this is a one family car with known history, it's value is even higher. At $5,000, the only thing he is doing is letting a flipper make a killing off from him. I would gladly buy it at 5K, slap a clutch in it and resell it for a huge chunk of profit.

Comment

I sold my 01 Formula last year for $8700. But it also had a ridiculously good list of mods with receipts for over $12K worth of mods.

Although they are more rare, they are still just a Firebird with a V8. The TA's will go for more. I'd say if you found the right buyer you could maybe get $6500-7K for it. If you're not in a rush to sell wait for the money you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X