ebay question - core charge??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay question - core charge??

I've been looking for a long block and found what appears to be an good deal compared to cost from the dealer. I've submitted a question, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Basically, the ad reads that the long block is new, but the timing chain cover was removed(no reason given). No big deal, I've got the cover from the original engine. After the description, they add this:
    Buyer can send back the core using the same pallet for $200. The core must be dropped off at the same terminal it was picked up from unless it is shipped to a business. Business must have a dock or a forklift. Shipping total is $300 including the return core.
    Am I reading this correctly that they will give $200 for the core? There is no mention of a core charge anywhere else in the ad. The reason it seems odd to me is the core on these engines is normally a lot higher than $200.

thanks for your take on it.

Or he is charging you shipping twice. Idk worst description ever lol

Comment

Unless I am charged up front, they're not getting a core back. And the way the ebay payment is setup, it shows $2300 for the engine and then $300 for shipping. I don't think ebay is really setup for a core-return system like an Autozone/O'Reilly's is.

Depending on how they respond, I may see if they'll cut the shipping in half since there won't be a return.

Comment

There are board members that can probably get you one locally.

Comment

Working...
        X