Enough of the FTP threads....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    And heaven help you if you are caught speeding off post. If cops were confined within the borders of their city (like the military is on post or on deployment), had more oversight (actual oversight) and harsher punishments for bad cops, we may get somewhere.
    It's been a while, but when I was in, each post treated civilian offenses a little differently. For example, at Fort Bliss, if you got busted off post, you also got punished by your unit. Things like speeding, dui, etc. You would get your civilian charge, then an article 15 as well. On the other side, at Fort Carson, if you were found guilty of a crime by the local cops, the military would not hit you a second time.

Well, except for domestic issues. I was in when they banned possession of firearms by individuals convicted of domestic violence. The Army (at Fort Carson anyways) would not prosecute you under the UCMJ if it occurred off post, but they would still discharge you.

Though things may have changed in the 17 years since I ETS'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      It's been a while, but when I was in, each post treated civilian offenses a little differently. For example, at Fort Bliss, if you got busted off post, you also got punished by your unit. Things like speeding, dui, etc. You would get your civilian charge, then an article 15 as well. On the other side, at Fort Carson, if you were found guilty of a crime by the local cops, the military would not hit you a second time.

Well, except for domestic issues. I was in when they banned possession of firearms by individuals convicted of domestic violence. The Army (at Fort Carson anyways) would not prosecute you under the UCMJ if it occurred off post, but they would still discharge you.

Though things may have changed in the 17 years since I ETS'd.
      We had a guy run from Temple PD, blow the gates and show up for formation on time. He went from a 5 to a 1 with a loss of pay for 90 days.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        We had a guy run from Temple PD, blow the gates and show up for formation on time. He went from a 5 to a 1 with a loss of pay for 90 days.
        Well, I can kind of see that. He dragged it onto post. That was pretty damned stupid.

When I was at Bliss a guy in my squad was cutting across a (dirt) field in is POV on his way to the motor pool. MP's lit him up and he ran off post. El Paso PD nabbed him and found some weed in his truck. He got sent to Leavenworth (just ticketed by El Paso PD). Initial sentence was a year or two. His first month there he assaulted a guard and ended up getting something like 15 years.. I have little sympathy for dumb SOBs.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
          Dr Google, comparing military members with gestapo cops is silly. JBTs have authority over you and you HAVE to comply with their "RUHSPECT MY AUTHORITUH" commands or get the shit beat out of you, get thrown in jail and lose a ton of cash fighting the BS charges.
          Just FYI I am especially nice to doctors and nurses. There's a very real chance I my be on the other end of the scalpel one day and hope the doctor likes the police.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            They tend to clog the "new posts" view daily.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              I LOL'd
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

It's really hard to take any insults serious from someone who is such a bag of shit that he had to move due to a terminal fear of another bat beating.
                sigpic

Comment

Serious and butt hurt enough to put this bat beaten bag of shit on your pajama boy list...

Comment

Why wasn't it 1 vs 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      Just FYI I am especially nice to doctors and nurses. There's a very real chance I my be on the other end of the scalpel one day and hope the doctor likes the police.
                      LoL...if you are dying, it doesnt matter what kind of person you are...I will do my best to save you. Karma usually finds a way to deal with the cocksuckers among you.

Comment

Fuck tha police!
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          Fuck tha police!
                          I might do just that...
                          2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            Fuck tha police!
                            I can get behind that

Comment

Working...
                            X