Who did it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    I'm curious how that works on wheel locks. Most of the ones I have used are round and smooth on the outside with an inset/female pattern in the middle that the key pushes into. I'm sure there's still a way to get them off, and there are probably only so many keys, but I'd be interested to see how they do it.
    You can actually hammer on a next size smaller socket and that will work just as good as the twist sockets designed to remove wheel locks.
    sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Originally posted by prostock1 View Post
      You can actually hammer on a next size smaller socket and that will work just as good as the twist sockets designed to remove wheel locks.
      That's what I had to do when my "key" broke. Was pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        I'm curious how that works on wheel locks. Most of the ones I have used are round and smooth on the outside with an inset/female pattern in the middle that the key pushes into. I'm sure there's still a way to get them off, and there are probably only so many keys, but I'd be interested to see how they do it.
        there aren't many patterns on the factory locks, so they might have had "keys"

but a 12pt impact socket will hammer onto a round locking lug and will allow you to back it off with ease
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

How big of a truck/trailer would one need to jack all those wheels?
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by prostock1 View Post
            Yup, did this when my wife lost the key to her locking lugs and had a flat.

Comment

Working...
            X