Who did it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    No shit. Wheel lock breaker: available at any auto parts store for about $30.
    or just a butt load of Harbor Freight Impact sockets, that way you don't have to waste time removing the wedged wheel locks.
    sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

100-plus wheels, tires stolen from Richardson car dealer

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 4:38 PM CDT
      Updated: Apr 11, 2014 4:38 PM CDT
      By: Mark Norris - email

More than one hundred sets of wheels and tires were stolen off trucks at a Richardson car dealer last weekend.

Richardson police said an unknown number of thieves stole 120 sets of wheels and tires at Reliable Chevrolet at Arapaho and 75. The thefts occurred sometime between 9 p.m. on April 5 and 7 a.m. on April 6.

Police said 20-inch alloy wheels were stolen off numerous vehicles.

Richardson police are working to estimate the value of the items stolen.

There are no leads as the dealership did not have surveillance cameras that caught the thefts and there were no witnesses.

Anyone with information is asked to call Richardson police.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/252274...#ixzz2zXmMzAwR

This one was overlooked. I drive by it daily and it would be easy to pull it off with all the bushes around the perimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        are those 4x4 wooden blocks?
        Probably, slide them under the control arm and deflate the tires. You don't need to jack it up that way.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          Probably, slide them under the control arm and deflate the tires. You don't need to jack it up that way.
          Garland 101

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
            Garland 101
            And a whole lot cheaper than cinder blocks or jackstands.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
              How would someone get away with doing that....protect your investments people...especially a big dealship like that!

How would you recommend they protect them further?

Comment

Install gps tacking in with the tpms.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

pitbulls with cropped ears

Comment

The Chevy dealer in Richardson is great because they are less than a mile from the police station!

Chrome wheels bring a premium because they are not easily repaired (have to ship out of state), not surprising really. I wonder who wins in the long run the insurance company or the dealership getting paid list price for 100s of wheels/tires.
                    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      I suspect a hydraulic bottle jack and a remote pneumatic tank. Letting the air out of 480 tires isn't something I would want weighing in on a job that risky. I guess it depends on how big their team was.

Comment

I am more amazed every day at what kind of crimes could be prevented by a $12 an hour security guard. They cut power to some lights, a guard would've noticed that. My industry is the same way, we used to leave boxes of catalytic converters right by the gate. Anyone with a truck and ladder could drive off with $25k worth of materials in half an hour. No camera, no dogs, no lights and no chance of anyone in the neighborhood caring. The meth junkies only steal battery cables and radiators though.

Comment

Oh shit I better wait and post them for much later on CL or at least on set every few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                            I suspect a hydraulic bottle jack and a remote pneumatic tank. Letting the air out of 480 tires isn't something I would want weighing in on a job that risky. I guess it depends on how big their team was.
                            It only takes a few seconds to unscrew the shraeder valves. You take an electric drill rigged with whatever size socket fits the cap and just walk down the line and buzz them off, then chuck up the core remover and do the same. All while your goons put the blocks under the suspension. The hardest part would be breaking the wheel locks. 5-6 guys could easily strip that many sets in an hour.

Comment

No sure bet they even cared about the tires. May have slashed them all just to get the wheels off.

Guessing the dealerships have insurance and probably could not care less.
                              Last edited by ceyko; 04-21-2014, 02:21 PM.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Flattening the tires would make them harder to transport to the trailer and slow them down.

Comment

Working...
                                X