No announcement yet.

does anyone know where i can get a.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone know where i can get a.....

a cowl panel for a foxbody ? not the plastic vent, but the sheet metal cowl. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I would like to buy a new piece, but after searching the interweb for a few hours yesterday, it looks like no one makes them.
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

thanks but i checked them out yesterday. they dont have them.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

latemodelrestoration.com, you may to call though and see if they have it.

Comment

07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

Are you looking for the actual cowl piece ? Hood fly up ?
            Last one I did I had to cut out from a donor car. Might call npd or lrs and see if anybody makes one now.
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

Whiteboy

Comment

thanks for the links, but what i should have said is that I'm looking for the cowl panel that those panels above bolt to.
                The sheetmetal piece that is welded to the car. It has to be cut out to be replaced, fenders removed, windshield, etc... The piece that houses the windshield wiper linkage. That's what I'm having a hard time finding.
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Have fun, they used to be hard to get from Ford when they were available, your going to have to find a parts foxbody and cut it out and re-weld it back on. Though to tell you the truth a good body man can fix it.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

LKQ in Tulsa had 3 foxbodys in their yard last saturday.. I know they sell parts on ebay so it might be worth a shot..

LKQ Self Service Auto Parts
                    www.lkqselfserve.com - (918) 794-8130
                    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

I have one in ft worth. PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        Have fun, they used to be hard to get from Ford when they were available, your going to have to find a parts foxbody and cut it out and re-weld it back on. Though to tell you the truth a good body man can fix it.
                        I hear ya but this one has already been repaired once and the front part of the cowl is all pulled back and shit, I just assumed it would be real tough to get it fixed and to make it to where the hood would line up good in the front and by the cowl.. i think its time to replace it.

Are you still out here in the sachse/wylie area ? i would like your opinion on fixing it or replacing it. Also, I need a complete paint job on the car after this cowl panel is addressed. no motor or trans in the car right now so i cant move it unless i trailor it. the car is straight, just lots of paint chips two or three dings and just generally looks like shit. car hasn't been painted in 14 years.

I can post pics of the cowl and car if you can't swing by.
                        Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                        LKQ in Tulsa had 3 foxbodys in their yard last saturday.. I know they sell parts on ebay so it might be worth a shot..

LKQ Self Service Auto Parts
                        www.lkqselfserve.com - (918) 794-8130
                        thanks i will check them out tomorrow.
                        Vortex rear stand $75
                        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Your best bet is going to be finding a roller or one in a yard and taking it from another car. Don't think anyone repos them yet all thou you would think someone would considering how often hoods fly up on foxes...

LKQ might do a cutaway but probably charge more than you would expect.
                          1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                          1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                          2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Working...
                          X