Quality of life improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of life improvements

I keep thinking that there are things in life that I am missing out on that could substantially improve my life, I was hoping to get some feedback on what events have changed your life for the better, day to day, etc. Some examples I can think of are, drinking caffeine, exercise, eating healthy (or unhealthy), having a family, doing yoga etc.

I just turned 30 and I feel like shit most of the time, I'm tired mentally and physically. I remember a few years ago I quit drinking caffeine and felt better overall but I slid back into drinking it, a few months ago I decided to stop again and never bounced back to that "good" state so I started it back up and feel better but not great.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

I am in a similar boat. I found that being stuck in a dead end job had me pretty beat down. I got a noticable new "zest for life" for lack of a better term when I started my new job last May.

I do still find myself lacking energy at times and feeling exhausted. I am sure that I could make some dietary improvements and be a lot better off.

Edit: In before the Herbalife, thrive, latest fad product recommendation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Pooping BEFORE you go on a long run after drinking a cup of coffee.
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Seriously, eating healthy and exercise do wonders. I've found that writing down daily goals and some weekly or 90 day goals and carrying them out is very satisfying. Even if it is a small accomplishment, it really puts me in a great mood. If you ever eat fast food, cut that out now. Save money and feel better.
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Exercise and eating healthier (not healthy...just focus on better alternatives when you can).

Join a league or team sport in your city if you can for a sport you like to play. And like-wise, eat an apple, carrot sticks, etc instead of a candy bar. Heck, eat healthier chips rather than a candy bar. If you fast food, DON'T Super size and wean yourself.

My $0.02.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

have kids. They will surely make your life so much more exciting.

Comment

Have you tried hitting yourself?
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

In terms of health cutting caffeine will definitely get you into a more regular sleep pattern, and lower perceived stress substantially.

For me a big change that had a profound effect on me personally was to quit drinking completely. Granted, I was a balls out weekend warrior prior to quitting, so it was a necessary change for me, but if you drink with any regularity, your body will welcome a break.

The other one for me is starting a family. As much as the house-hunting has been a royal PITA, I have a renewed sense of purpose, and priorities have shifted, and it's kinda nice not thinking about me all the time. Holy shit am I broke,. but I can honestly say that I have never been happier.

Comment

Relaxing. Spending time on your hobbies, but at a slow pace. Having a dog. Sleep. Lots of sleep.

Comment

We are less than five years away from "what is the best brand of adult diaper" thread.

Comment

I found that living life doing what you want and not what others expect you should be doing will bring much joy and happiness to your life, also be very spontaneous if at all possible.
                      Family will also leave you drained, especially with all of the drama that they bring to the table. I don't hang out or see my mom, dad or most of my sisters and brothers (except for one) most of the year and only try and see them around x-mas. My life has improved 10 fold not having them in my immediate life.
                      Friends are also important, but what is a friend, a friend is someone that you see sporadically and they don't bring any drama or expect anything of you other than friendship.
                      Hobbies are also important but can be draining on your pocket book so this must be kept in check as well...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Buy a fishing boat. It's the biggest stress reliever I've ever had. As soon as I hit the water I instantly feel better and all my troubles and worries just seem to float away.
                        "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

I like doing yard work and hiking/mountain biking.

Comment

Coke and whores always does it for me.

Comment

I tinker. Motorcycles, jet skis, and my buggy keep me happy (but sometimes pissed off).

Comment

Working...
                              X