Limo/Cab Service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limo/Cab Service?

I don't need a baller status stretch Hummer or anything like that. Just looking for something a tad nicer than a yellow minivan for four drunk people to go from Mansfield to Gexa Energy Pavilion and back on a Saturday evening in May. We will be there for approximately 3-4 hours. Not sure if I'm better off booking each one-way trip individually or just getting something for the duration. I hate to pay for someone to just sit there waiting on us, but will if that's the best way.

I figure I would tap the giant wealth of knowledge of DFWMustangs before doing my own unguided research.

If you have any personal recommendations, please post up.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Uber
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Thirded.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

They won't wait on you, they drop off and pick back up at a pre-determined time or by a call.

BTW, the cost is typically the same or even cheaper than a cab.

Town cars FTW.

Comment

Just know that if you get in an Uber car and get hurt from an accident, that person's personal auto policy won't cover your injuries. And goodl luck collecting under Uber's policy.

Comment

Thanks guys. Any tips on how to use it? It took me a while to figure out that I had to download an app. Did that, but now it just gives me a map and wants me to set a pickup location. No instructions on how to use it. I'm hesitant to enter an address. Is that going to send a driver out right now and charge me or can I just get a quote? What about changing options, notifications, etc? I'm searching the help menu articles from that link above, but not getting much useful info. Admittedly, I'm not great with phone/app technology. I like to read instructions and gather info. They should make this more user friendly for newbies like me, imho, or at least provide clear instructions and explanations on how to use it. Frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                They won't wait on you, they drop off and pick back up at a pre-determined time or by a call.

BTW, the cost is typically the same or even cheaper than a cab.

Town cars FTW.
                yup, I had to use this the other day because I got in an argument at lunch. uber ftw.
                cost me 7 bucks to go back to work.

you enter an address to show all available cars near it etc. you won't actually get any driver heading your way until you pay. and when you pay, they send you an email with all the drivers info/pics/reviews/etc. once you get in the car, you get an survey to see if its what you expected.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                  yup, I had to use this the other day because I got in an argument at lunch. uber ftw.

LOL, we're going to need a story...

Comment

I'm trying to get an estimate on going from one address to another. Can't figure out how to get that info. Also, can't figure out how to choose which type of car I want. I see there are choices, but I don't know how to pick one or get a quote for each one. What's worse is there is nothing on my phone that I can find that allows me to get help or read up on what the hell I'm doing. I'm just about over it.

So, anyone have any other options to suggest besides Uber?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      LOL, we're going to need a story...
                      I don't like greek food and apparently there was no options for anywhere else, she complained and than the bitch told me to get out. I called her fucking crazy and hormonal. Got out, and hit up uber.

jluv
                      A step-by-step guide to taking your first Uber trip Uber is an on-demand and cashless car service that allows you to use your smartphone or tablet to request rides from private drivers. If Uber is available in your area, you can sign up...

There should be sliders for which car, black, eco, suv. you pick where you are, and where you wanna go. quote fare. and confirm. I'm not sure how or if you even can "schedule" it for a future date/time.

Comment

I've used these guys for all airport transfers and for a few concerts.

http://www.superiorone.net/

Comment

I don't like greek food and apparently there was no options for anywhere else, she complained and than the bitch told me to get out. I called her fucking crazy and hormonal. Got out, and hit up uber.
                          Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                            Pics?
                            too crazy for pics. plus if I post them on here, people from work will know who it is and then i'll get stabbed or something.

Comment

jluv
                              A step-by-step guide to taking your first Uber trip Uber is an on-demand and cashless car service that allows you to use your smartphone or tablet to request rides from private drivers. If Uber is available in your area, you can sign up...

There should be sliders for which car, black, eco, suv. you pick where you are, and where you wanna go. quote fare. and confirm. I'm not sure how or if you even can "schedule" it for a future date/time.
                              Thanks. I just want a quote for spot A to spot B, but I am not at either spot. I guess I can't do that until I am at spot A (home) later tonight. . I did find some info with their rates, and it sounds like it would be pretty expensive. Might as well get a limo.

Comment

Working...
                              X