X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
    You know how I know you are gay?

CN
    100 bucks and Ill stick a rainbow sticker on the back of my car right now. 1000.00 and Ill buy a prius and put one on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
      100 bucks and Ill stick a rainbow sticker on the back of my car right now. 1000.00 and Ill buy a prius and put one on it.
      How long would said sticker remain?

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
        How long would said sticker remain?
        Id say a couple weeks would be good?

the prius I would leave on for 4 months

Comment

I joined an MB board to learn more about the old bulletproof diesel Benz, but most are just ugly. I never cared for the styling much, but now they are starting to grow
          on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
            Id say a couple weeks would be good?

the prius I would leave on for 4 months
            Just long enough to pick up some fresh meat.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
              You are at a better advantage right now with there only being ~0.30/gal difference between regular and unleaded, but it's still not a huge savings when you figure it over the course of a 20K mile driving year.

Considering current prices...

14 gallon fill-up of diesel will run you about $52, and averaging 42mpg means you would get about 588 miles out of a tank. Dividing that by 20K means you are going to fill that tank about 34 times in a year...for a total cost of $1768.

conversely a 14 gallon fill-up of unleaded will run you about $48, and averaging 30mpg means you would get about 420 miles out of a tank. Dividing that by 20K means you will fill-up about 48 times in a year...for a total cost of $2304.

Only saving you $536/yr to go with the diesel over a good gasser....probably not enough to cover the added ownership cost in the TDI. And the cost of diesel will gain higher over gas in the summer months...as it always does, so overall the difference will likely work out even less.

I went through this same dilemma when I bought a commuter Golf a few years ago. At the time there was about a ~$0.65/gal difference between gas and diesel, and when I figured out the annual cost for each with the mileage I was driving at the time, it would have only saved me like $300/yr to have gone with the diesel. Knowing that I don't typically keep cars more than 2-years, it wasn't worth paying the extra ~$4K for a comparable diesel at the time. I bought the gasser Golf for $5500...put ~15K miles on it over the course of a year or so, and sold it for $5500.

Regardless which way you decide, you will be way better off than what it's costing to feed that 5.4/4x4 truck.

I never looked at it this way. I'm just gonna keep plugging along because we've almost got the wife's car paid off and when we do I'll have the cash to buy me a beater for the days I go to Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                I'm highly considering on of Nissan's Leafs, lease would be less than I pay in gas for my truck, and my commute, round trip, is around 40 miles, so I could charge it everyday at work for free.
                Just make sure you still get the tax credit. There are lots of other options on the market.

Find out how you can save money through Federal tax incentives on your purchase of a new plug-in hybrid or electric vehicle!

Comment

Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I love the way my TDI drives compared to the gassers I drove. The 2.0 ecoboost fusion had plenty of power but the 1.6/1.5 ecoboost I didnt care for. Also didnt care for the Sonata. The low end torque just makes every day driving seem very easy.
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

hahahaha diesel cost to much to maintain sell them all! buy gas and quite driving the stinking diesel prices up you fools. Besides look at how much cheaper your oil change will be in a gas vehicle..... ya know cause they use different cheaper oils

Comment

Working...
                      X