Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most expensive cars in the US to insure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most expensive cars in the US to insure.

The most expensive cars to insure in 2014

1. Nissan GT-R Track Edition $3,169
    2. BMW M6 $3,065
    3. Mercedes-Benz CL550 4Matic AWD $3,019
    4. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT $2,986
    5. Porsche Panamera Turbo S $2,970
    6. Audi R8 5.2 Spyder Quattro $2,917
    7. Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG $2,887
    8. Audi A8 L 6.3 Quattro $2,869
    9. Jaguar XKR Supercharged $2,854
    10. Jaguar XK $2,610

Just incase you were shopping.

Are those prices supposed to be /year, /6 months, /month? What are they assuming for age, driving record, location?

Way too many variables in that.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Source here maybe.

Methodology: Insure.com commissioned Quadrant Information Services to provide average auto insurance rates for 2014 models. Averages were calculated using data from six large carriers (Allstate, Farmers, GEICO, Nationwide, Progressive and State Farm) in 10 ZIP codes per state. Not all models were available, especially exotic cars. More than 850 models are included in the 2014 study. Averages are based on full coverage for a single 40-year-old male who commutes 12 miles to work each day, with policy limits of 100/300/50 ($100,000 for injury liability for one person, $300,000 for all injuries and $50,000 for property damage in an accident) and a $500 deductible on collision and comprehensive coverage. This hypothetical driver has a clean record and good credit. The rate includes uninsured motorist coverage. Average rates are for comparative purposes. Your own rate will depend on personal factors.
      Last edited by roliath; 04-14-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Except for the GTR, those rates really don't seem that bad given the price of the cars...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
          Ok, makes WAY more sense... thanks!
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I saw that this morning on MSN. Pretty crazy prices, but I suppose not necessarily out of line considering the MSRP on those vehicles. Of course those were averages as well....some of the people that can afford those have also probably had some licks on their driving record.

Some insurance companies have internal policies for certain vehicles too. I've been with Farmers for years now, and when I bought a Porsche back a few years ago my agent quoted me $1900/yr to insure the damned thing....and with a mileage limitation as well. When I told him how ridiculous I thought that was b/c we weren't talking about some special exotic car...just a 10-year old Porsche that could be had under $30K, he told me it was b/c of how expensive parts were if it were to get damaged.

I can somewhat understand that, but still seemed unreasonable to me....another call to Geico and I was fully insured (with no mileage limitation) for right at $700/yr.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
              I saw that this morning on MSN. Pretty crazy prices, but I suppose not necessarily out of line considering the MSRP on those vehicles. Of course those were averages as well....some of the people that can afford those have also probably had some licks on their driving record.

Some insurance companies have internal policies for certain vehicles too. I've been with Farmers for years now, and when I bought a Porsche back a few years ago my agent quoted me $1900/yr to insure the damned thing....and with a mileage limitation as well. When I told him how ridiculous I thought that was b/c we weren't talking about some special exotic car...just a 10-year old Porsche that could be had under $30K, he told me it was b/c of how expensive parts were if it were to get damaged.

I can somewhat understand that, but still seemed unreasonable to me....another call to Geico and I was fully insured (with no mileage limitation) for right at $700/yr.
              Farmers started getting bad. I was with them for over 15 years and left them last year.

Comment

I still have the house insured with them...that quote from Geico was a bit more. I need to shop it around some more.
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                X